• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, thatBULL said:

I have and it takes those relationships for larger donors, but not for smaller volume donors that you nurture to larger ones.  If you fish for whales the entire time you miss a lot.  However, we need to build a base and haven't done that well based on # of donors.  The goal being that some mature into mid to large over time.

It's harder to get someone 500 than it is to convince someone who donates 500 to give 1000.

I can only speak for myself.  But the reason we became larger donors was exactly because of the people at the Bulls Club and the relationship we built with people like Eric, Joe, Vicki, and too many to mention since then.  We were in that smaller donor base that you talk about. Enjoyed getting to know the people in the Bulls Club and bumped up our donation because of that.  I've offered to be a rep for the Bulls Club numerous times to call smaller donors and to meet them for lunch just to thank them and give them some contact and appreciation from USF Athletics.  This goes back to the former AD and there seems to be no interest on their part.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I am a big advocate for an OCS, any OCS, don't care if it moves, has shade, whatever.  We have already missed a decade of OCS benefits that cannot be produced any other way.  Also, I completely understand that all of our opinions here are 100% irrelevant and USF is going to make their decisions based on something else.   Over the years, this board has displayed three different opinions about an OCS.  1.  Do nothing, RJS is perfect.  2.  Build an OCS as long as it measures in some way better than Central Florida U.  3.  Only build it the "right way."  I assume that this proposal is the "right way," complete with crushing debt and a cost that will likely rise every year we postpone a contract.  

If we have the attitude that this will only be built when we can afford it, guess what, it won't be built.  This could all be a $75,000 way to appease CCS's request to look into an OCS.  I say throw up a stadium we can afford now and upgrade that sucker over time.

I went to a UCF game last year with my brother and that place has come a long way.  I am not sure when, but their video board was upgraded and is a monster.  The atmosphere was just fine and much more of a college feel than RJS.  I hope we can have these things at USF one day.  If we do it the "right way," perhaps my kids will be able to watch USF play on campus when I am dead.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

They all were listed at 40,000 with the capability of expanding to 50,000 at a later date

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I'm all for some sort of shade, but, I also remember the old Texas Stadium. Nothing but dead air in parts of that place.

7 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

That's not a seat license fee, it's just the math of dividing 225 million by 40,000 seats for a cost per seat comparison   

I understand that.  Was just pointing out the kind of money they are going to need to raise funds from the donor base.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, thatBULL said:

I have and it takes those relationships for larger donors, but not for smaller volume donors that you nurture to larger ones.  If you fish for whales the entire time you miss a lot.  However, we need to build a base and haven't done that well based on # of donors.  The goal being that some mature into mid to large over time.

It's harder to get someone 500 than it is to convince someone who donates 500 to give 1000.

I can only speak for myself.  But the reason we became larger donors was exactly because of the people at the Bulls Club and the relationship we built with people like Eric, Joe, Vicki, and too many to mention since then.  We were in that smaller donor base that you talk about. Enjoyed getting to know the people in the Bulls Club and bumped up our donation because of that.  I've offered to be a rep for the Bulls Club numerous times to call smaller donors and to meet them for lunch just to thank them and give them some contact and appreciation from USF Athletics.  This goes back to the former AD and there seems to be no interest on their part.  

I am a big advocate for an OCS, any OCS, don't care if it moves, has shade, whatever.  We have already missed a decade of OCS benefits that cannot be produced any other way.  Also, I completely understand that all of our opinions here are 100% irrelevant and USF is going to make their decisions based on something else.   Over the years, this board has displayed three different opinions about an OCS.  1.  Do nothing, RJS is perfect.  2.  Build an OCS as long as it measures in some way better than Central Florida U.  3.  Only build it the "right way."  I assume that this proposal is the "right way," complete with crushing debt and a cost that will likely rise every year we postpone a contract.  

If we have the attitude that this will only be built when we can afford it, guess what, it won't be built.  This could all be a $75,000 way to appease CCS's request to look into an OCS.  I say throw up a stadium we can afford now and upgrade that sucker over time.

I went to a UCF game last year with my brother and that place has come a long way.  I am not sure when, but their video board was upgraded and is a monster.  The atmosphere was just fine and much more of a college feel than RJS.  I hope we can have these things at USF one day.  If we do it the "right way," perhaps my kids will be able to watch USF play on campus when I am dead.  

Apologies for all the duplicate posts, not sure how that happened.  I will show myself out.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

DJ started work on the stadium this evening...said he will be done in about two weeks. 

What's he doing the other 13 days?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Apologies for all the duplicate posts, not sure how that happened.  I will show myself out.   

No worries. FarEastBull quoted me 27 times in another thread.