• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Decades of football tradition, wealthy alumni and state legislatures funneling them money?

Of course not.  Don't be silly.  Didn't you know if you want something, just imagine it to be true and it shall come to pass?  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

5 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I understand that.  Was just pointing out the kind of money they are going to need to raise funds from the donor base.

The other point with the simple math is common pricing.  Seats on the 50 yard line down low might be a bargain at $6k per.  Not so much in the 300 level of the endzone.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

The Orange Bowl was one of, if not the best atmosphere in college football at the time. 

We shouldn't compare ourselves to the rest of the AAC. That's how you get stuck in G5 purgatory. 

You must have been to different games there than I went to. The last game I ever went to at the Orange Bowl was when they lost their streak to Washington and I've been to PGA events that had a better crowd.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Last I checked, we were already there, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't because we were comparing ourselves to anything.

What has USF done to show a long-term commitment to growing the program? 

At the very least, building an IPF and OCS will show that we are not content with where we are and will continue to be a thorn in the side of the P5. We are in the "elite" of the AAC in terms of programs. The vision should be how to get out of the AAC, not what is everyone else doing internally. That type of complacency is why we don't have the facilities that c-UsaCF has. 

Edited by IBulleve
  • Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14

All you have to do is look around the country. USF needs a stadium point blank, the Atmosphere at RAYJAY sucks. Look at what Colorado State is doing ticket wise with the new stadium opening this year out there. Its pretty simple  but people can keep acting like the problem doesn't exist . But he, lets just keep playing with a top 25 team and a 3/4 empty stadium and **** near half empty student section.

Its a shame when the Hot Band is only part of the stadium that looks full. But keep moving people, no problem here, nothing to see.

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You must have been to different games there than I went to. The last game I ever went to at the Orange Bowl was when they lost their streak to Washington and I've been to PGA events that had a better crowd.

I was there in '02 when they were averaging close to 70k per game. I'm referring to the stretch from 2000-2004. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, IBulleve said:

I was there in '02 when they were averaging close to 70k per game. I'm referring to the stretch from 2000-2004. 

And I was referring to the 80s and 90s when Miami was the U. I guess I moved out of town just before they developed a solid college football atmosphere. 

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

And I was referring to the 80s and 90s when Miami was the U. I guess I moved out of town just before they developed a solid college football atmosphere. 

Fair enough. Yes, the program changed quite a bit throughout those years. 

My grandfather attended games in the 80's but would never go in the late 90's / early 2000's because it was too rowdy. It was a true college football experience. 

Perfect example that you can have a great atmosphere without an OCS during those special seasons. However, I'm of the belief that you will find much more consistency with an OCS. Keep in mind, even when Miami was packing the place, a vast majority of those fans weren't Alums and rarely had any direct association with the University. 

Guest PCBull14
9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And I was referring to the 80s and 90s when Miami was the U. I guess I moved out of town just before developed a solid college football atmosphere. 

oh you mean with a 58 game home win streak and still couldn't get people to make the 30 minute drive. Interesting and that team is obviously located in Miami.  I'd say they got a few more people then we do down there population wise then we do.

Edited by PCBull14

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

8 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

All you have to do is look around the country. USF needs a stadium point blank, the Atmosphere at RAYJAY sucks. Look at what Colorado State is doing ticket wise with the new stadium opening this year out there. Its pretty simple  but people can keep acting like the problem doesn't exist . But he, lets just keep playing with a top 25 team and a 3/4 empty stadium and **** near half empty student section.

Its a shame when the Hot Band is only part of the stadium that looks full. But keep moving people, no problem here, nothing to see.

RjS served it's purpose for the first 20 years.  The next 20 need an OCS that will bring WAY more students to the games, making them bigger football donors in the future.  

• Upvote 2