• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If that was a certainty, or even close to a certainty, the ball would have started rolling years ago. If you have any proof that USF football attendance and alumni support is being significantly affected in a negative way by playing at RayJay over a piece of **** stadium on campus, your assistance with the feasibility study would be most helpful.

23 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

I and others I know would have dropped our season tickets rather than endure the torture of sitting on aluminum benches. 

For good or bad, our season tix base has not grown up in a typical college football stadium, ie uncomfortable, packed like sardines seating for the most part. Ours have grown up with, relatively, more comfortable seating along with a pretty affordable respite from the FL heat in the Club. To some it won't matter what/where they're seated in an ocs but to some it will, and it's going to be a matter of how much they'll be willing to pay for something similar to what they have now and that's got to be a key component to be looked at by Athletics going forward with this.

I know college football purists will be shaking their heads about that but I think it's just the reality of what's going on here.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

To think that an OCS would not improve the game day experience, bring people back to campus, increase student game attendance, and by extension increase alumni support is silly.  That is all the reason we need to have one.  Do we "need" one, of course not, but it would benefit the program greatly.  

Some people are just to stuck on C. Florida to settle for anything less than a pro style stadium, which is short sited and, in my opinion, aids the school in Orlando as they continue to pass us in alumni support.  

An empty on campus stadium would have a crappy game day experience as well.  Students have an OCS for basketball and they don't show up (If your response is going to be that the team has been bad, that further proves my point that winning is the key).

6 hours ago, Gismo said:

we need an OCS to keep up with the Jones and to engage students. I was a student during USFs peak under Levitt and we had RayJay filled. Students were engaged, everyone was excited. Thousands of new lifetime fans. Then we had multiple years of bad football and students were not engaged. Those fans are lost for life. If we could fill RayJay it rocks. Otherwise, it sucks. I think an OCS will help engage the students and build a fanbase. Help with academic recruitment and help shed the urban commuter school label. 

And this was all without an OCS

5 hours ago, SouthFLBully said:

Man you are dense. You are arguing that we don't need an OCS I'm telling you that in my opinion it benefits us greatly, when pitching our school to other conferences. I'm not saying USF is not building one, we all know we are going through the process, I'm arguing against your point of view. If a P5 conference says that we need one, I guarantee you that we'd get one

Secondly I could ask you to provide evidence that having an OCS isn't a prerequisite to getting an invite as well.  Pitt, Miami.  Additionally, UCLA doesn't have one  I can garantee you can't provide any evidence either. It's all speculation. Do you think the P5 is going to fault us for building an OCS? Hell no. How could it be anything other than beneficial to have one? 

Let me ask you a question: What do you suggest we do between now and the next conference alignment? Cross our fingers and pray that our Athletics will be on the uptick when the chairs get shuffled again? 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

6 hours ago, SouthFLBully said:

An OCS isn't a prerequisite to get a P5 invite if you have an established brand. Pitt had won championships. Miami has won championships . Both have legendary players, heisman trophy winners and national fan bases.

We bring none of those things to the table. The establishment is already going to fault us for not having history, a rabid national fan base, a winning tradition, and so on. We cannot afford to turn out nose up at the price tag if we want to be a part of that establishment one day. 

Pitt an in an on campus stadium when they were winning championships with Heisman type guys...

Edited by Joe

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

That's one of the fanciest message board posts I've seen in a while, although kind of disjointed. You did write it all, right?

I wrote it all except for the first part...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

I wrote it all except for the first part...

You're now in the lead for our annual "Most Creative Poster" award ...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

An empty on campus stadium would have a crappy game day experience as well.  Students have an OCS for basketball and they don't show up (If your response is going to be that the team has been bad, that further proves my point that winning is the key).

Right, because basketball and football are the same... sigh.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

7 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Right, because basketball and football are the same... sigh.  

I was going to leave this alone, it seems to obvious to argue

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

Can't we all just agree that Rutgers sucks and move on?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1