• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

I have and it takes those relationships for larger donors, but not for smaller volume donors that you nurture to larger ones.  If you fish for whales the entire time you miss a lot.  However, we need to build a base and haven't done that well based on # of donors.  The goal being that some mature into mid to large over time.

It's harder to get someone 500 than it is to convince someone who donates 500 to give 1000.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

10 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I really don't like how far the sidelines are from the field in this rendering.  Of course, there could be other sports/events that require the extra room to maximize utilization.

Looks like the old multipurpose stadiums back when pro football teams shared stadiums with baseball clubs.

That needs changing.

If it was HOK, they need to update

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, SouthFLBully said:

For starters, as Colin mentioned, this is basically a rough draft or place holder until this thing gets real legs. Secondly what kind of shade are you looking for? Rajay doesn't have any shade either during a noon kickoff.

And Ray Jay is brutal. 

Someone posted Baylor's stadium that has an overhang or something in the fashion of some soccer/dolphins stadium. Also, I believe FSU has done something similar in one of their end zones.

I understand it's a mock up or whatever, but I would imagined with the cost of an over hang it would have been incorporated.

In any case, I would be still be more than happy with $200 mil pad.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Just a quick look at the proposal shows a budget of $6,200/seat.  So my 8 seats would need a $50k donation?  We have how many season ticket holders?  21k, 22k?  How many of them are going to want to donate $6,200/seat.  Then there is the issue of the remaining 18k seats for the students and unsold season tickets.  

That's not a seat license fee, it's just the math of dividing 225 million by 40,000 seats for a cost per seat comparison   

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Just a quick look at the proposal shows a budget of $6,200/seat.  So my 8 seats would need a $50k donation?  

23 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

That's not a seat license fee, it's just the math of dividing 225 million by 40,000 seats for a cost per seat comparison   

Yes

:smileys-money-702364:

Official Story:

Results of Feasibility Study Regarding an On-Campus Stadium Presented Tuesday

RESULTS OF FEASIBILITY STUDY REGARDING AN ON-CAMPUS STADIUM PRESENTED TUESDAY

TAMPA, Fla. (Aug. 8, 2017) – University of South Florida Director of Athletics Mark Harlan and USF Vice President for Administrative Services Calvin Williams on Tuesday released the findings of the initial feasibility study exploring the possibility of a football stadium on the USF campus.

The completed feasibility study is the first of several steps in a long process that would include additional studies and further research before USF makes a decision about whether or not to build a stadium.  The university will next begin to evaluate the financial feasibility and prospective philanthropic support for a stadium.

"The University of South Florida enjoys an outstanding relationship with the owners of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Raymond James Stadium, and we are very grateful for their committed support to USF Football," said Mark Harlan, USF Director of Athletics. "We are honoring the interests of our university and alumni as we continue having this discussion. Our students come first, and we will ensure they are part of any future decisions regarding a new stadium."
The feasibility study focused on evaluating conceivable locations for a stadium on campus and analyzing the scope and potential cost of the project.

The study reviewed sites on campus, surveying each one for information such as impacts to existing land use, infrastructure, access to major streets, parking availability and campus connectivity.  Two primary options were identified: the western portion of campus, slightly north of Fowler Avenue and east of Bruce B. Downs and a second location farther east on campus, near the corner of Fowler Avenue and USF Bull Run Drive on the existing Fowler Fields site. 

By comparing college football stadiums built since 2000, the study established that the initial parameters of a stadium at USF would include approximately 40,000 seats, with the capability to expand to 50,000 in the future, along with nearby space to support fan experience and tailgating.  According to the study, the estimated cost of a stadium would be $200 million; however, many factors could cause the final amount to be modified.

Completing the initial study was a stated goal included in the USF Athletics Strategic Plan, approved by the university Board of Trustees in 2016.  The trustees will discuss the study at a committee meeting on August 17; however, no decision about a stadium will be made at that time. 

USF will continue to play home football games at Raymond James Stadium.  Earlier this year, USF signed a new six-year lease agreement to continue its partnership with the Tampa Sports Authority and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The feasibility study can be found here:
http://www.usf.edu/pdfs/football-conceptual-planning-study.pdf

Conceptual renderings can be viewed here:
http://www.usf.edu/images/ucm/media/zone-1.jpg
http://www.usf.edu/images/ucm/media/zone-2.jpg

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

6 hours ago, Rizman said:

Why do we have to make it 40,000 seat stadium?   Maybe we could start small and build up over time?  

4 hours ago, Pyotr said:

My two cents...

Stadium is too large. 30k-40k would be better.

Too expensive. I just don't see how they're going to find the $200 million for this. 

Location D is the best option.

No to any plans that have less capacity than the rusted tin-men.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

They all were listed at 40,000 with the capability of expanding to 50,000 at a later date

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

I'm all for some sort of shade, but, I also remember the old Texas Stadium. Nothing but dead air in parts of that place.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

I understand that.  Was just pointing out the kind of money they are going to need to raise funds from the donor base.