• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  6

6 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Nobody "needs" an on campus stadium. It is firmly in the want category.

Sure -- and the identical argument was surely made about not "needing" football at USF.  That's why it took until 1997.  It's small-time thinking.  But, if that's what you want ...

Obviously, there are no real "needs" in life other than food, water, shelter, etc.   Heck, the University of South Florida as a whole is not even a "need."  Let's shut that down while we're at it.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

40 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Couldn't possibly disagree more.  The stadium should have been built a decade ago (as some of us said), and most people have woken up to that realization at this stage.  We're in need of a stadium of our own more than ever.

Okay, I'll bite.  Why do we, "need" an OCS?

Just now, Apis Bull said:

Okay, I'll bite.  Why do we, "need" an OCS?

Why do we "need" a football program?  Why do we really "need" anything that comports with a university or an athletic program doing things in a way that legitimately competes with our peers?

Will the world end if we keep playing in the cavernous and half-empty red-clad rent-a-stadium?  Nope.  Will we continue to look rinky-dink to football programs we think suck?  Yep.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Why do we "need" a football program?  Why do we really "need" anything that comports with a university or an athletic program doing things in a way that legitimately competes with our peers?

Will the world end if we keep playing in the cavernous and half-empty red-clad rent-a-stadium?  Nope.  Will we continue to look rinky-dink to football programs we think suck?  Yep.

Now you're just deflecting.  Give me reasons why USF needs an OCS to be successful. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Apis Bull said:

Now you're just deflecting.  Give me reasons why USF needs an OCS to be successful. 

Deflecting?  How so?  I've told you that we look rinky-dink in the Glazers' rent-a-stadium to those on the outside looking in.  You think perception doesn't matter in major collegiate athletics??  That image, perception, investment do not affect how those who may be the future of the program see the program??  :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

usf doesnt need an ocs with ray jay

building a peiec of garbage like the orlando school isnt a solution

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Turd Ferguson said:

Deflecting?  How so?  I've told you that we look rinky-dink in the Glazers' rent-a-stadium to those on the outside looking in.  You think perception doesn't matter in major collegiate athletics??  That image, perception, investment do not affect how those who may be the future of the program see the program??  :facepalm:

So, do you think we'd be ranked higher in the polls than we are now if we had an OCS?  UM played in one of the crappiest off campus stadiums during their heyday. Pitt plays in an off-campus stadium and got invited to the ACC.  Just about every other team in the AAC play in an on-campus stadium and they're in the same exact boat that we are.  You're going to have to give me more that your own speculation on how USF playing in Ray Jay affects how we are perceived by the rest of the NCAA world to convince me that USF needs one the be successful.

• Upvote 1

Oh I forgot :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

So, do you think we'd be ranked higher in the polls than we are now if we had an OCS?  UM played in one of the crappiest off campus stadiums during their heyday. Pitt plays in an off-campus stadium and got invited to the ACC.  Just about every other team in the AAC play in an on-campus stadium and they're in the same exact boat that we are.  You're going to have to give me more that your own speculation on how USF playing in Ray Jay affects how we are perceived by the rest of the NCAA world to convince me that USF needs one the be successful.

Ah, yes -- the ol' Miami argument.  If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that legless example.  You're telling me one or two outliers proves the frivolity and uselessness of an OCS when 99% of of FBS and FCS programs see the need?  Nice one. :facepalm:

I lived in San Diego for a few years.  The SDSU program was and continues to be hindered by the small-time mentality of a commuter school who happens to have a little football team.  The potential is there for that program and has been for a long, long time.  But they're a stupid little commuter school football program, and everyone knows it.  Same goes for USF until USF decides it wants to fall in line with one of the things that makes college football college football -- a gameday experience ON CAMPUS.

You can facepalm all you'd like.  I disagree with your opinion.  You have no idea if SDSU would be any more successful if they had an OCS.  Again, almost every team in the AAC has an OCS and they are exactly in the same boat that we are.  Explain that please.

Also, the game day experience has no effect on the team and there is no evidence that an OCS would increase attendance.  Winning increases attendance, winning improves the game day experience, winning affects the perception of the team.

Obviously, you are firm in your opinion, so we'll just have to disagree.