• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to present findings of on-campus stadium study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  557
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Thebullsfan said:

With the price tag, they put on this thing it will. It will be a state of the art stadium. 13 million dollar jumbotron!!!

I wouldn't count on it. University of Minnesota spent over $300 million for a 50,000 seat stadium and not even half the seats have chairbacks:

"There are approximately 20,000 seats with permanent chairbacks in the stadium, located between the goal lines in both the upper and lower decks, but all remaining locations have aluminum bench seating with no backs."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCF_Bank_Stadium

Edited by SouthFLBully

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  159

Student section and band designated areas do not require chairbacks though.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406

Start fundraising now ... no time better than the present ... 

I can't remember the last call I got from athletics.  I forgot to renew alumni association, got a call and became lifetime member.  I even get calls from the college of business at least once or twice a year.  Honestly, people forget to donate and it's good to have a friendly reminder.  With a good cause I'm sure we could generate hundreds if not thousands (2-3)  of new, albeit small donors with a decent enough effort.  

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I develop marketing and sales strategy for a living and I'm not a rocket scientist.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

Start fundraising now ... no time better than the present ... 

I can't remember the last call I got from athletics.  I forgot to renew alumni association, got a call and became lifetime member.  I even get calls from the college of business at least once or twice a year.  Honestly, people forget to donate and it's good to have a friendly reminder.  With a good cause I'm sure we could generate hundreds if not thousands (2-3)  of new, albeit small donors with a decent enough effort.  

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I develop marketing and sales strategy for a living and I'm not a rocket scientist.

One of the reasons for not getting a call from Athletics is the revolving door that is the Bulls Club.  Employee turnover rate is through the roof.  Outside of John Lewis, the person with the most seniority now is Harlan himself.  And not sure that John is on the fundraising side of the equation.  Lelo Prado left a few months ago.  There are no people to make the calls.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, KB said:

and was once the sight of the Rose Bowl.

Correct during WWII to prevent the possibility of a Japanese air strike. 

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  406

I understand that there's been a lot of turnover, but if that's the only problem it's an excuse for not building a good process and Harlan has been there long enough to build it.  You can have a standard outreach program for past donors or from an alumni database without the relationship people.

i  took over a few teams at my company last year that had just been "reorganized," and were cut in half until I could  rebuild them.  Still had goals to reach and did, by building processes that were repeatable (most places, not al) regardless of interchangeable parts.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,353
  • Days Won:  8

8 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

For just a placeholder image, there sure is a lot of b!tching. As it has been mentioned numerous times, this is not finalized design. It is a placeholder to show the rough size of the stadium in the various possible locations. 

Some serious flaws in this rendering as follows:

1) No On Campus Stadium Publix (OCSP)

2) No giant case for all of the national championship trophies we are going to win because of the OCS

3) No 60 foot tall statue of D'Ernest Johnson striking the heismann pose

4) No giant block of cheese to go with all of the whine flowing from TBP

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, thatBULL said:

I understand that there's been a lot of turnover, but if that's the only problem it's an excuse for not building a good process and Harlan has been there long enough to build it.  You can have a standard outreach program for past donors or from an alumni database without the relationship people.

i  took over a few teams at my company last year that had just been "reorganized," and were cut in half until I could  rebuild them.  Still had goals to reach and did, by building processes that were repeatable (most places, not al) regardless of interchangeable parts.

Not sure if you are in the fundraising business.  But it isn't easy to bring in new people that don't know the donors and have them ask for money/more money.  Takes a long while to build those relationships and it is a lot of cold calls to make for them when they have other duties.

• Upvote 2

Just a quick look at the proposal shows a budget of $6,200/seat.  So my 8 seats would need a $50k donation?  We have how many season ticket holders?  21k, 22k?  How many of them are going to want to donate $6,200/seat.  Then there is the issue of the remaining 18k seats for the students and unsold season tickets.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

DJ started work on the stadium this evening...said he will be done in about two weeks. 

• Upvote 3