• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

okay, somebody over on the oregon board has high expectations. they said the following:

Our offense should be very good right away.

We may have a couple 8-4/9-3 seasons before we get the players recruited and developed needed to succeed. Rebuilding the defense will take some time no matter who's at the helm.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

okay, somebody over on the oregon board has high expectations. they said the following:

Our offense should be very good right away.

We may have a couple 8-4/9-3 seasons before we get the players recruited and developed needed to succeed. Rebuilding the defense will take some time no matter who's at the helm.

I love CWT but this is funny.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Well good morning from the west coast. I knew this was going to break first thing in the am. Bring on Scott!

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Just figured I'd stop by to say I told you so... I said that CWT would jump ship the second he gets us back on track. The only thing I was wrong about was the team. I theorized that CWT would jump ship to work with Harbaugh as a coordinator. Never thought that he would get an HC gig at a power 5 school based on one good season at USF.

If USF goes out and hires another hip young coach, like Strong, then we will be back in this same situation in 2-3 years assuming that the new coach can get us back on track in 2-3 years.

Also, I think its a bit classless of CWT to jump ship before the bowl game... I know that a lot of people do it, and get why they do it (i.e. recruiting at the new school, getting started, etc.), but that still doesn't make it better. Sends a message that he couldn't wait to get the hell out of here and basically used us. This really screws USF Athletics over in the realm of selling bowl tickets, and a big dump on school spirit.

I said it once, and I'll say it again... We need an older coach that is proven vs. some young or middle-aged coach looking for a pay-day.

Edited by Cow Pie

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, BullTiger said:

At first I thought, hey you can't fault a guy, but screw that. I will continue being a fan, but the players are really feeling deceived right now. This kills recruiting in the g5 schools. Every kid out there is going to avoid following an up and coming coach because they know he's out as soon as they get the money.

And don't be mistaken. This is strictly about money. We wilI start the year ranked and be able to make waves in the CFP with a 12-0 season, so he could accomplish goals here. This is just money. 

I wish everyone luck, but my compassion goes out to our team right now. They are going to be a little lost.

Especially Flowers. Flowers just got kicked in the teeth by the last father figure he had. The last male role model in his life.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Should have fired him when we had the chance.

Yes. Would have had Tom Allen. In hindsight that would have been best.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

46 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

This makes me stand by my original opinion of Taggart as the modern day Professor Harold HIll.

JFC, no conference championship. no bowl win, ~.500 record, failed to win the games that matter and he flees without telling his kids or coaches.

Now that is a load of shiz... really pisses me off.

Again, this was a classless move by CWT. The players should have been the first people he told, even before USF Admin. Can't really be too surprised tho... he did the same thing at WKU. He was on the plane down to Tampa to collect his money and the WKU players were told later that day that CWT was leaving by some random Athletics stooge.

Real class act... 

Edited by Cow Pie

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

3 hours ago, tau.reanb said:

Joey Knight with the scoop...

Is it an announced scoop or actual scoop? :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

38 minutes ago, Cow Pie said:

Now that is a load of shiz... really pisses me off.

Again, this was a classless move by CWT. The players should have been the first people he told, even before USF Admin. Can't really be too surprised tho... he did the same thing at WKU. He was on the plane down to Tampa to collect his money and the WKU players were told later that day that CWT was leaving by some random Athletics stooge.

Real class act... 

you do realize he is having a meeting at 1.30 right? is he supposed to announce it to the players before he ever gets an offer or accepts it? because that happened late last night in oregon. just because they found out before it became official doesn't mean he is some scumbag.

• Upvote 1