• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Butthurt is strong today. Dude took a promotion on and left a stacked team. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Furthermore, if four years ago, you were told Tags would leave for Oregon after his 4th season and a 10-2 record, every single person would have taken it.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, USF Bulls Football said:

Furthermore, if four years ago, you were told Tags would leave for Oregon after his 4th season and a 10-2 record, every single person would have taken it.

I'm taking it.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I'm taking it.  

Same. I wish Taggart well.. I'm actually excited to see who we get next. They have a stacked team they are coming into. I legitimately laughed when I read an article that was throwing Schiano's name out there! No chance he's coming here (I hope).

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Knew I was going to wake up to this. Glad the dog and I went for an extended walk this morning before I checked my phone. On to Larry Scott!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

This is just the usual suspects using this as an opportunity to get their parting shots on Taggart.  It is what it is.  He left us better than he found us which is pretty much the best a G5 fan can hope for when it comes to coaches.....

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

22 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you do realize he is having a meeting at 1.30 right? is he supposed to announce it to the players before he ever gets an offer or accepts it? because that happened late last night in oregon. just because they found out before it became official doesn't mean he is some scumbag.

How about as soon as he gets the offer he lets the team know via their email list saying He is going to explain it to them in person but before any news breaks he wants them to know he is accepting the position he has been offered?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Whoa this thread escalated quickly. I have 40 unread pages! I'm honestly happy for CWT. He came here and turned this program around and changed the culture completely. He's leaving with a stacked roster and a blueprint of how to succeed in this area. Any up and coming coordinator or HC has to be licking his chops to come here and succeed (see Herman to Houston.) It's bitter sweet but thanks for the memories!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Dude took a promotion on and left a stacked team. 

That's the bottom line to me too, he left us with talent for at least another year or two, so I can live with it. Just regret we lose an excellent recruiter for FL and didn't get to check that CC box before he left. This is going to be another interesting search, hopefully we get someone that gels with the team and with potential recruits.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

you do realize he is having a meeting at 1.30 right? is he supposed to announce it to the players before he ever gets an offer or accepts it? because that happened late last night in oregon. just because they found out before it became official doesn't mean he is some scumbag.

Doesn't mean he isn't either. 

He left them. 

• Upvote 1