• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Furthermore, if four years ago, you were told Tags would leave for Oregon after his 4th season and a 10-2 record, every single person would have taken it.

I agree, many would. Especially those looking simply at the short term. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

It's not just short term. Continuity in college football is about as common as teeth on a chicken. Succeed and adapt.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495

1 hour ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Furthermore, if four years ago, you were told Tags would leave for Oregon after his 4th season and a 10-2 record, every single person would have taken it.

I would have said that scenario is nuts!  (The Oregon part)  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

3 hours ago, Cow Pie said:

Just figured I'd stop by to say I told you so... I said that CWT would jump ship the second he gets us back on track. The only thing I was wrong about was the team. I theorized that CWT would jump ship to work with Harbaugh as a coordinator. Never thought that he would get an HC gig at a power 5 school based on one good season at USF.

If USF goes out and hires another hip young coach, like Strong, then we will be back in this same situation in 2-3 years assuming that the new coach can get us back on track in 2-3 years.

Also, I think its a bit classless of CWT to jump ship before the bowl game... I know that a lot of people do it, and get why they do it (i.e. recruiting at the new school, getting started, etc.), but that still doesn't make it better. Sends a message that he couldn't wait to get the hell out of here and basically used us. This really screws USF Athletics over in the realm of selling bowl tickets, and a big dump on school spirit.

I said it once, and I'll say it again... We need an older coach that is proven vs. some young or middle-aged coach looking for a pay-day.

Charlie Strong isn't a hip, young coach.  He's 56 years old, got his first head coaching gig later than many expected.  He may never get another shot at a P5 job outside of Florida.  If we could land him, there is a possibility we could keep him 10 years or so if all goes well on both sides.  He might be the rare bird Brad and others are looking for.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213

CWT did what he thought was best for him...this program and most of us were ready to show him the door 14 months ago....we can be disappointed, but not surprised. USF football and CWT deserved better than the support from the students, alumni and community.  For anyone wanting to blame CWT better place the blame on the students, alumni, and community even louder.

Win and they will come proved false...all we get is nothing but excuses from those that don't show up...sick of it.  The reason that this happened is squarely on their shoulders.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

38 minutes ago, Brad said:

Doesn't mean he isn't either. 

He left them. 

you keep preaching loyalty to his players. I guess you expected him to stay forever?

what about our loyalty to  Stan Heath's basketball players when we fired him? Does it go both ways? Should a coach just stay in one place forever? never leaving for a better job. never being fired.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

It's officially official for any conspiracist, doubters, or people holding any hope:

http://www.goducks.com/?path=football

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

43 minutes ago, gmanbull93 said:

The reason that this happened is squarely on their shoulders.

No. I still believe CWT is largely responsible for CWT being the new coach at Oregon.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,289
  • Days Won:  10

****, they sure did get him clothes fast

• Upvote 1