• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Oregon reaches out to Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, tau.reanb said:

I'm getting weary of this endless cycle for USF football. We can't get win. We either get a crappy coach who plunges this program even further into irrelevance. Or we get a great coach who decides to bolt for bigger and brighter lights. 

USF will never emerge from "sleeping giant." This is who we are, guys. Might as well get used it. 

I don't know if I'll be interested in USF football if we pull another .500-ish season.  

I know we are all disappointed right now, but lets be clear:  this isn't "same old story" for us.  We've had ONE coach drive us into irrelevance, and then this guy came in, fixed his mess, and is now leaving for better things.  It would have been nice for him to stay, but he left just like 95% of other would have (and we already hit our 5% so we're "running good", if you will).  This feeling is new territory for us; it's unnerving, but it's a product of our success. Don't forget that.

The main point here is that this is a GOOD thing (if not the best possible outcome).  If other schools are interested in our coach, that means we are succeeding and are on the upswing.  I certainly favor that over having to fire a failing coach, don't you?  We're not the first mid-tier school to get their coach poached, and we won't be the last.  Hell, I hope we are going through this again in a couple years, because that means we are continuing to win. This is how we start to become a top tier program.  A guy gets poached, someone comes in to replace him, he gets poached, so on and so forth until either we become a legitimate destination or we get "that guy" who sees us as his dream job.

It's crucial that we hire the right guy to replace CWT.  We all experienced the Skip fiasco, and we know how a bad hire can suck the momentum out of a program. Thankfully, we're set to compete and win the conference  next year, which both increases our appeal to quality coaches and makes the actual transition easier.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

Should have fired him when we had the chance.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

It is sad that the players had to find out first from the television. Also, his assistant coaches were never told. This was from a former player with inside information.   That is poor judgment on his part. I hope and pray that we get a coach in there who loves USF for who we are! I'm there for the team. Go. Bulls!!!!!!!!!! :GoBulls:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, nobullaboutit said:

It is sad that the players had to find out first from the television. Also, his assistant coaches were never told. This was from a former player with inside information.   That is poor judgment on his part. I hope and pray that we get a coach in there who loves USF for who we are! I'm there for the team. Go. Bulls!!!!!!!!!! :GoBulls:

Everyone and their mama knew he interviewed for the job. He was offered last night and I am sure he will talk to his former team because he is a stand up guy. He cannot control unofficial announcements. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

10 minutes ago, nobullaboutit said:

That is how business is done everywhere. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Everyone and their mama knew he interviewed for the job. He was offered last night and I am sure he will talk to his former team because he is a stand up guy. He cannot control unofficial announcements. 

come on he could have facebook live the negotiations to his players and coaches. how could he leave them in the dark like that. LOL

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

48 minutes ago, BJ said:

I know we are all disappointed right now, but lets be clear:  this isn't "same old story" for us.  We've had ONE coach drive us into irrelevance, and then this guy came in, fixed his mess, and is now leaving for better things.  It would have been nice for him to stay, but he left just like 95% of other would have (and we already hit our 5% so we're "running good", if you will).  This feeling is new territory for us; it's unnerving, but it's a product of our success. Don't forget that.

The main point here is that this is a GOOD thing (if not the best possible outcome).  If other schools are interested in our coach, that means we are succeeding and are on the upswing.  I certainly favor that over having to fire a failing coach, don't you?  We're not the first mid-tier school to get their coach poached, and we won't be the last.  Hell, I hope we are going through this again in a couple years, because that means we are continuing to win. This is how we start to become a top tier program.  A guy gets poached, someone comes in to replace him, he gets poached, so on and so forth until either we become a legitimate destination or we get "that guy" who sees us as his dream job.

It's crucial that we hire the right guy to replace CWT.  We all experienced the Skip fiasco, and we know how a bad hire can suck the momentum out of a program. Thankfully, we're set to compete and win the conference  next year, which both increases our appeal to quality coaches and makes the actual transition easier.

+1000

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

52 minutes ago, BJ said:

Boom!  You nailed it.