• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

attendance

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

I was at the UF game and I think that game was maybe a couple degrees warmer...but once it's 100 plus degrees what's a degree or 2 right? 12pm games should never be played in Florida during September. 

I agree. I have been to many early games as a Buccaneer fan and that game in Gainesville was the hottest I have ever experienced. Yesterday's game was very hot but not like that game. Sucks that TV has so much influence over those actually attending in person.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

26 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

I am not a drunk. I don't even drink  I had hydrated with plenty of water prior to the game and had my butt in my seat 11 AM and by the sixth series I was sick   I am sorry that you feel you can make a blanket statement like that but you sir are wrong

Should have had your butt in seat 55 minutes later. No offense, but it seems foolish to expose yourself to that for an unneeded hour.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,668
  • Days Won:  424

All I can say is God bless the overhang. Moved over to the high 2nd level West side from lower level East side maybe 2 years after we moved to RayJay.  Don't think I really broke a sweat the whole game ....... which is extraordinary.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

10 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

I am not a drunk. I don't even drink  I had hydrated with plenty of water prior to the game and had my butt in my seat 11 AM and by the sixth series I was sick   I am sorry that you feel you can make a blanket statement like that but you sir are wrong

I never said or suggested you were. Stating what I observed. It was hot, but I've sat in a lot hotter. 

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

Our fans are weak...fsu fans were there and not complaining. UF sells out the noon games. Why are we complaining. Like taggart says we have to be ready for any game day condition. No excuses!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, bullcocky101 said:

Our fans are weak...fsu fans were there and not complaining. UF sells out the noon games. Why are we complaining. Like taggart says we have to be ready for any game day condition. No excuses!

I thought UF stopped doing noon starts????  Thought that happened a year or so after our game up there.  But I could be misremembering and haven't looked at their schedule.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

The scary thing about Saturday's attendance is that with 52k actual butts in the seats and 40% being FSU fans we probably only brought ~30-35K fans. I think we've peaked in the AAC guys, if 3-0 and against this opponent doesn't bring more than 40K USF fans nothing will.

Edited by The Great 8
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

4 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

The scary thing about Saturday's attendance is that with 52k actual butts in the seats and 40% being FSU fans we probably only brought ~30-35K fans. I think we've peaked in the AAC guys, if 3-0 and against this opponent doesn't bring more than 40K USF fans nothing will.

Yep, I think our ceiling is 30k-35k a game in this conference. Ucf will draw more but outside that...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,338
  • Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

Noon game killed the butts in the seat.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I personally wore a sweatshirt all game and didn't find the heat too overwhelming... that was just me. A 7 PM start would have made the environment more like the Auburn game. Either way, FSU had to play in the heat also - so the loss is on our defense for not being able to stop Dalvin Cook or any other running back who touched the ball for FSU. As much as I've maligned Flowers for his arm, he hit Adams in the hands twice on balls that should have been caught (regardless of the interference). If it hits your hands - you catch the ball. The receivers did not bail Q out today. D'Ernest Johnson is the most under utilized running back on our roster. If he got 30 carries a game, he would be USF's Dalvin Cook. I like Mack, but I've always like the versatility of DJ. He's a complete back.

• Upvote 1