• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Rizman said:

It was a home game for FSU. very disappointing how USF fans did not turn out.  

For real. I took a pic on my phone of the away side and I am zooming in trying to find the green shirts. I see a couple rows here and there.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

This is my feeling, excuses like the heat and ticket prices are poor. Biggest home game we'll have this year, and likely the next few and we didn't pull too many people in. Even worse there was a lot of Garnett. If not for the student section, it would have looked worse

Yes after sleeping on it I kind of feel worse about the fans than yesterday. After all the whining about newspaper articles they don't come out.

Let's see what happens in the next home game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Away side was not 95% FSU.  Seriously people.  There were a lot of people who sold their season tickets to whoever, and a good number of them were FSU fans.  The big problem was that the stadium ushers were not enforcing the seating assignments.  Every clown and their brother were going into the lower section and they did not have the proper tickets.  Reporting it to the stadium did nothing. The people who run RJS do not care once the dollars are in their pockets.

The club area was even worse.  The ushers were not checking tickets at halftime, and they were letting everyone in.  That place had so many people in it that it was a fire hazard.  The TSA, or whoever staffs RJS, do not care.  "Just give us your money" is their motto.

This is not sour grapes or sore loser talking.  I expected a tough game, and the start was pretty fun.  I can take a loss.  I have sit through to the bitter end of some very lopsided losses at home.  I have been to every home game since the start except for one game.  Sorry USF but when you are on a never ending losing streak with Holtz as coach with UConn on the bill and Rush is in town?  I will choose Free Will and hang with Geddy, Alex and Neil.  I have told people "don't schedule a wedding", "don't die", "don't give birth", I am going to the game.  Hard core loyal fan here.

What I have a huge problem with is donating a good sum of money to maintain my lower bowl seats and then the RJS staff lets any fool with cheap seat tickets just stroll in and sit in the empties.  I have a huge problem when I donate to the level that gives me club access -where the A/C is a nice break from the hot sun, the restrooms are clean, and their is a self service soda refill station - and the lame brain RJS staff just lets everyone in because it is crowded and too hard to turn away people who do not have club access.

USF athletics may not be at fault for this, but they will be the first to hear about it on Monday.  They should not let RJS and the greedy Glazers walk all over them.

Have to agree with you on the seating and club issues.  I knew we were going to have problems when I walked up to our usher and held up my ticket and he said oh that's okay and looked away like he couldn't be bothered.  About half way through the first quarter there were a few FSU guys in front of us squawking about how they always move down to the best seats at away games.  The ushers (at least in my section) were not checking tickets.  I went into the club 3 times and only once was I asked for my ticket.  It does kind of grate on you.  We have to get out of RayJay at some point.  It simply sucks for regular season USF college football.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

One thing that I noticed was that unlike the last home FSU game, FSU did not control the atmosphere. There were only a couple of the chops that actually started to get going and then our band started to play and cut it out. I feel like we controlled the atmosphere as a whole, even though the numbers weren't great. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I over heard 2 or 3 FSU fans near me say they like and pull for USF except when they're playing FSU.  We're like option B with most of our fan base.  I bet some of those same people wearing FSU gear will show up with Bulls gear next time.

I'm a pre-football alum and always loved the Gators and even went to post graduate school there for a while.  I followed their recruiting, listened to the coaches shows and even had season tickets for a while.  But when USF decided to field a D1 program, I went all in with the Bulls.  I went to the game at the swamp in 2010 in all Bulls gear.

I just don't understand some of these people that can't let go.

9 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Have to agree with you on the seating and club issues.  I knew we were going to have problems when I walked up to our usher and held up my ticket and he said oh that's okay and looked away like he couldn't be bothered.  About half way through the first quarter there were a few FSU guys in front of us squawking about how they always move down to the best seats at away games.  The ushers (at least in my section) were not checking tickets.  I went into the club 3 times and only once was I asked for my ticket.  It does kind of grate on you.  We have to get out of RayJay at some point.  It simply sucks for regular season USF college football.

FYI they haven't been checking tickets for a long time. They are terrible. Because of this my section is consistently terrible each home game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, Rocky Style said:

FYI they haven't been checking tickets for a long time. They are terrible. Because of this my section is consistently terrible each home game.

The guy at the top of 210/211 was checking.  He had a long line trying to get in while a woman searched through her purse for her ticket.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I was at the game and in my seat by 11 as requested, it was so hot that my cooling towel, frozen when we left our tailgate, was dry before the start of the game.   I had to leave my seat before then end of the first quarter, borderline heat exhaustion- we sat on the ground in the back of the concourse until the end of the game. Paramedics attended to many people in that area, i saw several passed out

Almost the entire first row of 113 fans were in FSU colors- they  have been wearing  green every other week.  I talked to several other FSU fans who said that they bought the 3 game package just to get a ticket to this game.  the ushers absolutely did not check tickets for everyone.  people were sitting wherever they wanted.  

I will not goto another 12 noon game unless the temperature is below 70

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

No excuses...

1)The tickets were to expensive... apparently not for FSU fans, they had 20-25K show up, and they paid.

2) To hot, again,  FSU fan showed up just fine. we all would have liked a night game, but I have no doubt plenty of USF fans watched this game locally on TV. which is sad...

3) USF chances, some people don't think we are "back" yet, we still have a long way to go with that... but also disappointing how little passive support we have in our fan-base. we need to improve our product by showing we can win when we need to. 

I had fun at the game, but was also disappointed in how we played. we still have a long way to go as a program. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, jasonb56 said:

No excuses...

1)The tickets were to expensive... apparently not for FSU fans, they had 20-25K show up, and they paid.

2) To hot, again,  FSU fan showed up just fine. we all would have liked a night game, but I have no doubt plenty of USF fans watched this game locally on TV. which is sad...

3) USF chances, some people don't think we are "back" yet, we still have a long way to go with that... but also disappointing how little passive support we have in our fan-base. we need to improve our product by showing we can win when we need to. 

I had fun at the game, but was also disappointed in how we played. we still have a long way to go as a program. 

+1000

• Upvote 1