• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Saw the AD before the game. Said we sold about 59k.  And I agree that the east side was almost all garnet.

You saw Selmon?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

I bet it was 120 degrees or close to it on the field. ABC screwed the fans when they made it a 12pm start. My car read 101 leaving the game. 

It was an insane and inhumane decision. Lots of midwest and NE games they could have scheduled at noon, PNW games for 3 and given us a night game.I cannot fault anyone for not showing up or leaving early when the heat index was 101 and the stadium probably 10+ degrees worse.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, Dogma said:

any experience on western north Carolina?

There is a lot more variance in western NC, depends on where exactly you speak of.  Asheville is nice all the way around, imo.  If you want to completely skip the heat you need to head closer to the TN border though.  Parts of NW NC have never hit 90 degrees...at least as far as documented records go.  It gets...sparse...out there though.

For reference, it has been a really hot summer for NC.  Asheville has hit 90 19 times this year, which is well above average.  8 times in June, 9 in July, 1 in Aug, 1 in Sep.  Charlotte has 80 days of 90 degree temps.  Tampa has 97 days of 90 degree temps.  

Edited by ECUshoein

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

Away side was probably 85-95% FSU. Lots of people on the home side sold their tickets. I'll bite my tongue on that one.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480

26 minutes ago, ECUshoein said:

There is a lot more variance in western NC, depends on where exactly you speak of.  Asheville is nice all the way around, imo.  If you want to completely skip the heat you need to head closer to the TN border though.  Parts of NW NC have never hit 90 degrees...at least as far as documented records go.  It gets...sparse...out there though.

For reference, it has been a really hot summer for NC.  Asheville has hit 90 19 times this year, which is well above average.  8 times in June, 9 in July, 1 in Aug, 1 in Sep.  Charlotte has 80 days of 90 degree temps.  Tampa has 97 days of 90 degree temps.  

Also, officially, Tampa hit 96 once and 95 x 9 other times this year.  Charlotte, for example-officially, has hit 99, 98 x6, 97 x 5, 96 x 4, and 95 x 16.  Granted, these are merely NWS official numbers so that doesn't mean it didn't hit 101 or whatever on X given day.  But, this happens everywhere.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Would've been more USF for a night game. Crowd was fine imo. They might've had more but it was close and like myself many people were rooting for both teams. I had a good time.

As for the heat, certainly wasn't as warm as the UF game but I'd say on par with 09 FSU. It was bad but with plenty of water and the clouds it was tolerable. 

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Away side was not 95% FSU.  Seriously people.  There were a lot of people who sold their season tickets to whoever, and a good number of them were FSU fans.  The big problem was that the stadium ushers were not enforcing the seating assignments.  Every clown and their brother were going into the lower section and they did not have the proper tickets.  Reporting it to the stadium did nothing. The people who run RJS do not care once the dollars are in their pockets.

The club area was even worse.  The ushers were not checking tickets at halftime, and they were letting everyone in.  That place had so many people in it that it was a fire hazard.  The TSA, or whoever staffs RJS, do not care.  "Just give us your money" is their motto.

This is not sour grapes or sore loser talking.  I expected a tough game, and the start was pretty fun.  I can take a loss.  I have sit through to the bitter end of some very lopsided losses at home.  I have been to every home game since the start except for one game.  Sorry USF but when you are on a never ending losing streak with Holtz as coach with UConn on the bill and Rush is in town?  I will choose Free Will and hang with Geddy, Alex and Neil.  I have told people "don't schedule a wedding", "don't die", "don't give birth", I am going to the game.  Hard core loyal fan here.

What I have a huge problem with is donating a good sum of money to maintain my lower bowl seats and then the RJS staff lets any fool with cheap seat tickets just stroll in and sit in the empties.  I have a huge problem when I donate to the level that gives me club access -where the A/C is a nice break from the hot sun, the restrooms are clean, and their is a self service soda refill station - and the lame brain RJS staff just lets everyone in because it is crowded and too hard to turn away people who do not have club access.

USF athletics may not be at fault for this, but they will be the first to hear about it on Monday.  They should not let RJS and the greedy Glazers walk all over them.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

It was a home game for FSU. very disappointing how USF fans did not turn out.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

7 minutes ago, Rizman said:

It was a home game for FSU. very disappointing how USF fans did not turn out.  

This is my feeling, excuses like the heat and ticket prices are poor. Biggest home game we'll have this year, and likely the next few and we didn't pull too many people in. Even worse there was a lot of Garnett. If not for the student section, it would have looked worse

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

If you want cool weather a majority of year in North Carolina look at Beech Mountain area.  In summer it's like in the 80s.