• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

34 minutes ago, jasonb56 said:

Actual attendance of the FSU-USF game (per the Tampa Sports Authority): 52,485

Bout what i figured it looked like in the stands. Noon game and i think USF priced out a lot of people...

Edited by deters-

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

If we can't show up for the biggest game we have had in a long time because it's too hot then... Not sure what to say there but maybe our fans went down a peg yesterday. We should definitely whine about newspaper articles and rankings more.

The ones who didn't show up because of the heat weren't really our fans so I don't think anything went down a peg yesterday. We've still got a lot of building to do in that regard before anything gets knocked down.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, deters- said:

Bout what i figured it looked like in the stands. Noon game and i think USF priced out a lot of people...

We sold at least 30K tickets at 85.00 or more (not counting the 11K student tickets, or season passes)... how much cheaper did we need to be? 

You could even make the argument we could have raised tickets to 99.00 and still sold as many... Now, being a noon game certainly played a part, but our competition still found a way to show up. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

So how much money did USF clear off this single game???

1 hour ago, jasonb56 said:

We sold at least 30K tickets at 85.00 or more (not counting the 11K student tickets, or season passes)... how much cheaper did we need to be? 

You could even make the argument we could have raised tickets to 99.00 and still sold as many... Now, being a noon game certainly played a part, but our competition still found a way to show up. 

They were charging the same prices for nosebleeds that i could get for a Bucs game in the lower bowl against the Broncos. They were overpriced. USF used it as a cash cow game and I believe it backfired coupled with the noon start. If a family of 4 wanted to go to one game that is $350 for 300 level seats. RIPOFF! Yea I'm aware of the mini plans, but not all people know about these and just buy single games through ticketmaster or stubhub.

Edited by deters-
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

10 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

I was at the game and in my seat by 11 as requested, it was so hot that my cooling towel, frozen when we left our tailgate, was dry before the start of the game.   I had to leave my seat before then end of the first quarter, borderline heat exhaustion- we sat on the ground in the back of the concourse until the end of the game. Paramedics attended to many people in that area, i saw several passed out

Almost the entire first row of 113 fans were in FSU colors- they  have been wearing  green every other week.  I talked to several other FSU fans who said that they bought the 3 game package just to get a ticket to this game.  the ushers absolutely did not check tickets for everyone.  people were sitting wherever they wanted.  

I will not goto another 12 noon game unless the temperature is below 70

Not trying to be a jerk, but it's Florida. It comes with territory. People handle this heat at football games, the beach, on a boat, etc everyday. 

Those passing out were the drunks and/or those who didn't hydrate appropriately.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Was at the game.  Temperature wasn't too bad.  FSU "fans" showed out, but so did USF fans until game was out of reach. 

Disappointed in the regular season ticket owners that sold out, but they paid for their season with that sale.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610

There was a guy in one of the bathrooms that vomited in a stall and a worker cursing everyone in the bathroom out that he didn't get paid enough to clean it up. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

Not trying to be a jerk, but it's Florida. It comes with territory. People handle this heat at football games, the beach, on a boat, etc everyday. 

Those passing out were the drunks and/or those who didn't hydrate appropriately.

I am not a drunk. I don't even drink  I had hydrated with plenty of water prior to the game and had my butt in my seat 11 AM and by the sixth series I was sick   I am sorry that you feel you can make a blanket statement like that but you sir are wrong

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, snarling Bull said:

I am not a drunk. I don't even drink  I had hydrated with plenty of water prior to the game and had my butt in my seat 11 AM and by the sixth series I was sick   I am sorry that you feel you can make a blanket statement like that but you sir are wrong

Heat bothers everyone differently and it doesn't help if that individual is overweight. I had a bad heat scare few months ago, and I'm more cautious about it now that's why I didn't get to my seat until band lined up for team to run out. I wasn't gonna sit in the sun when it wasn't needed. Yesterday got to me a little bit and that was with drinking over half a gallon of water and wearing all white.

• Upvote 1