• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

No excuse with hot condition.  Bucs play at 1pm often.

I keep myself wondering how many young people who wanted to go but they had to work on that Saturday or other night..

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

18 hours ago, Joe said:

Not trying to be a jerk, but it's Florida. It comes with territory. People handle this heat at football games, the beach, on a boat, etc everyday. 

Those passing out were the drunks and/or those who didn't hydrate appropriately.

And I'll add, those that complain about the heat while living in Florida are whiners. :soapbox:

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

The scary thing about Saturday's attendance is that with 52k actual butts in the seats and 40% being FSU fans we probably only brought ~30-35K fans. I think we've peaked in the AAC guys, if 3-0 and against this opponent doesn't bring more than 40K USF fans nothing will.

I know RJS is cavernous, but that was the sparsest looking 52k ever.  In the youtube video below there are some decent crowd shots that show all empty sections outside of the small student section and majority maroon shirts mixed in the crowd during running highlights.  I do see a slight majority USF directly surrounding the field in the first row, which is a good thing as it means a lot of diehards kept their tix and showed up.  That said, I doubt it was 60/40 USF, most likely the other way around: 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1 minute ago, ECUshoein said:

I know RJS is cavernous, but that was the sparsest looking 52k ever.  In the youtube video below there are some decent crowd shots that show all empty sections outside of the small student section and majority maroon shirts mixed in the crowd during running highlights.  I do see a slight majority USF directly surrounding the field in the first row, which is a good thing as it means a lot of diehards kept their tix and showed up.  That said, I doubt it was 60/40 USF, most likely the other way around: 

I doubt you were at the game ECU. It was hot and humid, and a lot of folks spent time in club access or in the shade, not in their seats. I'm not making excuses, I'm relaying what I saw. I think it was 60/40 USF. A lot of fans wore white, which likely made it harder to differentiate on TV.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

I ducked into the club many times but only during timeouts.  Once the shade hit our row it wasn't too bad. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, ECUshoein said:

I know RJS is cavernous, but that was the sparsest looking 52k ever.

If you have a problem with the actual attendance figures, take it up with JK ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If you have a problem with the actual attendance figures, take it up with JK ...

For those who do not know (you are better off), ECU fans are the most narcissistic when it comes to their home attendance vs. others in the league.  They are obsessed to a fault.They even try to make it sound like UCF fans do not exist.  I have had to gently tell them that I know they do and sometimes wish they did not.  Most of these self absorbed fans are in total denial that when USF played in a bigger conference (Big East) and against teams people actually cared about, our fans showed up.  We are in the AAC now so we have lost quite a few fans we had  last decade.   

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

Bad thing about Ray Jay is that plenty of people are in club area and endzone pavilion area...a solid 4k I bet so it makes crowd look smaller.

A 40k OCS would be perfect size for us..maybe even 35k...expand to 55k when needed. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I rewatched the game on TV and couldn't believe what I saw.  In the South Endzone (where I sit) I thought it was more USF fans when I was at the game.  However, when I rewatched it, I just didn't see people in Green at all.  I did see some white shirts, but I saw a ton of red.  Weird that I didn't notice during the game live.  Also the East stands was mostly red.  I'm talking before half, when 90% of that side was still in their seats.  At the game I thought it was 60/40 USF, but after rewatching the game, it might have been 50/50 at best.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

50/50 is about right I think.

Where did all the fans go from the WVU game...we had a majority of stadium.