• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

attendance

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

20 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Have to agree with you on the seating and club issues.  I knew we were going to have problems when I walked up to our usher and held up my ticket and he said oh that's okay and looked away like he couldn't be bothered.  About half way through the first quarter there were a few FSU guys in front of us squawking about how they always move down to the best seats at away games.  The ushers (at least in my section) were not checking tickets.  I went into the club 3 times and only once was I asked for my ticket.  It does kind of grate on you.  We have to get out of RayJay at some point.  It simply sucks for regular season USF college football.

We have a young kid at our door to the Club and he hasn't been tainted yet. I sit 3 rows from him on the aisle and often go in but every time he makes me show the ticket   .... and as big as the back up was at halftime, I didn't look but I think he checked everybody.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I saw one guy with USF hat FSU shirt...guess he was walking out a winner.

Saw a few parents with Fsu gear and kids in USF gear..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

22 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I over heard 2 or 3 FSU fans near me say they like and pull for USF except when they're playing FSU.  We're like option B with most of our fan base.  I bet some of those same people wearing FSU gear will show up with Bulls gear next time.

I'm a pre-football alum and always loved the Gators and even went to post graduate school there for a while.  I followed their recruiting, listened to the coaches shows and even had season tickets for a while.  But when USF decided to field a D1 program, I went all in with the Bulls.  I went to the game at the swamp in 2010 in all Bulls gear.

I just don't understand some of these people that can't let go.

We've got a couple of those FSU types a couple of rows in front of us that have been there forever and, honestly, as long as they're there for USF every other other time, I've got no problem ....... now, if they were Gator fans, **** em!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

This isn't worth a new thread and has a bit to do with attendance/fan experience.  A FSU fan was sitting directly in front of me; big guy even when seated.  He tried standing up through the first dozen plays.  I am NOT going to ask/tell anyone to sit down at a college football game so I looked around him and stood a couple of times myself.  When our daughter took our grandson in to get out of the heat I slid over to her seat.  Then it happened.  The guy 2 rows back asked him to sit down. The FSU fan did so very politely.  I slid back to my seat and then apologized to the guy for USF not being a real college atmosphere. That started a good conversation with guy about sitting/standing at different stadiums.  

I had a conversation with MBB COA at the baseball tournament before he coached his first game. Told him not to expect to see fans on their feet and getting all loud and crazy.  My college experience was a CC and then night school while working so never got to experience college athletics.  I very much wish USF was a bit more typical as far as a collegiate atmosphere at sporting events.  I remember at the WVU game where everyone stood the entire game (I sat during the timeouts).  That was great stuff.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah even in third level we stood all game for that WVU game...and it was 80% Usf fans....best personal college game experience yet.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

37 minutes ago, jasonb56 said:

No excuses...

1)The tickets were to expensive... apparently not for FSU fans, they had 20-25K show up, and they paid.

2) To hot, again,  FSU fan showed up just fine. we all would have liked a night game, but I have no doubt plenty of USF fans watched this game locally on TV. which is sad...

3) USF chances, some people don't think we are "back" yet, we still have a long way to go with that... but also disappointing how little passive support we have in our fan-base. we need to improve our product by showing we can win when we need to. 

I had fun at the game, but was also disappointed in how we played. we still have a long way to go as a program. 

Mostly agree. Yea, would prefer cheaper tickets. But, there were only 4k not sold. How much less would it take to sell those?

Heat? It's FLORIDA and it's STILL SUMMER. Certainly doesn't seem to bother FSU. Might be kinda unsanitary to some, but I soaked my towel in the ice water from the beer guy when he walked by. Once the shade reached us it was fine.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

If we can't show up for the biggest game we have had in a long time because it's too hot then... Not sure what to say there but maybe our fans went down a peg yesterday. We should definitely whine about newspaper articles and rankings more.

Guest PCBull14
2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

If we can't show up for the biggest game we have had in a long time because it's too hot then... Not sure what to say there but maybe our fans went down a peg yesterday. We should definitely whine about newspaper articles and rankings more.

:lmao:

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

So you guys have it on pretty good information that the three guys whining at Joey and gang about the crummy coverage weren't even at the game?  Wow.  That is poor form. 

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Actual attendance of the FSU-USF game (per the Tampa Sports Authority): 52,485