• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Interviewing at SC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

From what I read, either Muschamp or Lincoln Reilly. Decision could be made by end of weekend.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If this was a heavy senior team I wouldnt do an extension now... since a young team I would be fine with a extension now...just make sure a big buyout if he left.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

+1 

I see this as nothing but positive for USF.  We are being talked about because we have had success and our coach is getting interest from an SEC school.  As far as recruiting, he can tell recruits, I'm in the same boat as you. I got interest from bigger schools and decided to stay and build something special in Tampa and I need your help.  I think that will play well on the recruiting trail.

Go Bulls!!  Hope to see a lot of green and gold in Miami.

Exactly ... Reading through the thread, most of the ones trying to spin this as something bad are the ones who were wont to give CWT little credit for the team's success. This was perfect fodder for them.

A question I do have, though, is because this is a contract position, unlike most jobs, did USC or CWT have to get USF's permission before the interview?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

I love this donation shaming going around to stifle conversation.   Were the Willie haters raising money to buy him out if we fired him? 

Yes I give, I'm a donor and season ticket holder.  If Harlan is passing a hat around for the purpose of keeping CWT  I haven't seen it. 

Perfect  ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Has no one else ever taken a job interview they weren't qualified for and had no intention of accepting if offered?

Not saying you never end up at that job, that's what I'm doing now myself. But I always loved getting interviews to get a sense of how another place works or what they look for in a role. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,551
  • Days Won:  28

I’m not going to judge the man. I look at it this way, he has caught a lot of heat from the fans, donors and in the blogs the past year. I’m sure he reads some of the stuff said about him. I’m sure a few donors and Harlon had a few harsh choice words that was said to his face.  Then he was on the hot seat for the 1st half of the season. **** right he takes this interview, because just like in the real world, you will want to see what your value is and use it as leverage. Hell I work in project management, if a big company reaches out to me, I will definitely go and see what they are talking about and how much they are offering. This is his chance to say “f**k you, pay me”.  And let’s look at it from another angle. If he truly turned down an interview from an SEC school, do you think it would have been accepted well? They would have said he has an ego and who the hell does he think he is turning down an SEC interview. Or people would of said he is a dumba** for not going to the interview. What if he gets fired from USF in the next 2 years? Do you think the SEC schools will forget that he had the audacity to turn down a SEC opportunity?  Now personally, I do not think it is worth it. He has a pretty nice situation at USF.  While I think he should have gone to the interview, I do not think he should accept the offer. Now to me Harlan needs to lock him up and let’s all move on. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

I’m not going to judge the man. I look at it this way, he has caught a lot of heat from the fans, donors and in the blogs the past year. I’m sure he reads some of the stuff said about him. 

That makes him sound like a weak person.  SEC jobs come with more pressure.  Tampa is an easy media market and the general fan is barely engaged.

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

You can't blame him for at least entertaining the idea of more than doubling his salary and coaching in the biggest conference in football. If nothing else, it enhances his profile and helps grease the wheels on an extention. The team he's probably most loyal to is the Taggarts, and that's fine. 

What I'm kind of curious about is if he got that job, if he'd go back to his crappy ball control offense since he'd have slightly better access to players that would fit that system. You haveto think he's itching to make his "Harbawful" offense work again somewhere 

• Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

I’m not going to judge the man. I look at it this way, he has caught a lot of heat from the fans, donors and in the blogs the past year. I’m sure he reads some of the stuff said about him. I’m sure a few donors and Harlon had a few harsh choice words that was said to his face.  Then he was on the hot seat for the 1st half of the season. **** right he takes this interview, because just like in the real world, you will want to see what your value is and use it as leverage. Hell I work in project management, if a big company reaches out to me, I will definitely go and see what they are talking about and how much they are offering. This is his chance to say “f**k you, pay me”.  And let’s look at it from another angle. If he truly turned down an interview from an SEC school, do you think it would have been accepted well? They would have said he has an ego and who the hell does he think he is turning down an SEC interview. Or people would of said he is a dumba** for not going to the interview. What if he gets fired from USF in the next 2 years? Do you think the SEC schools will forget that he had the audacity to turn down a SEC opportunity?  Now personally, I do not think it is worth it. He has a pretty nice situation at USF.  While I think he should have gone to the interview, I do not think he should accept the offer. Now to me Harlan needs to lock him up and let’s all move on. 

If he stays and there is any realignment (B12 invite) in the next few years, it will help if we have a "SEC caliber" HC. Not to mention Herman staying at Houston. B12 might want to add USF and Houston if they have solid, high caliber coaches in place. Good for AAC as well.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

i have soured on cwt as a person

such a blatant disrespect for usf simply rubs me the wrong way

cwt has shown his true colors

Your crying is really misguided.