• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Interviewing at SC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Seriously?  He didn't sneak away (see Rich Rod), and just met with them to discuss an opportunity.  If a company called me to offer 2X pay, I'd talk to them. I'd tell my boss I am not looking to leave, and this wasn't pursued, but I want to hear them out. I doubt Harlan wasn't aware.  And, BTW, almost every coach LEFT somewhere to get to the next gig.  

I'd think Taggart was silly if he didn't.  He has leverage.  Harlan could have said, "Don't do it, we'll pay you".  I doubt he did...maybe because he's not afraid of losing Taggart (either believes USC won't hire him, or that we can replace him quickly if they did).

This is capitalism, and he has to look out for himself & his family.  You want to keep your coach from listening to others?  Don't pay him half of what you paid a horrible Holtz coach to NOT coach here!

You clearly get it.  And USCe was paying their ex coach 4X what we pay CWT, not 2X

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Football, basketball, baseball, it doesn't matter. You've got to have balls. What he did was without balls.

The success the team had this year, it wasn't all him. It was all of them together, all the coaches and the players, and USF for paying the salaries and supporting the students. And then before the last game of the season is even played, he tried to cash in on the success -all by himself.

"You" don't interview for these types of jobs if you don't want the job. If you did, it would just mean that you're that low of a person to be wasting other people's time. Therefore, he wanted the SC job. I have no doubts about that.

He's back. That means for whatever reason(s), he didn't get to cash in at SC and leave everyone behind. Now, he will try to get a bigger paycheck at USF, if not at another place.

To me, he's no longer Coach Taggart. He's just Taggart now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Dino Babers to The Cuse!! They will be better next season when we play them up there 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Football, basketball, baseball, it doesn't matter. You've got to have balls. What he did was without balls.

The success the team had this year, it wasn't all him. It was all of them together, all the coaches and the players, and USF for paying the salaries and supporting the students. And then before the last game of the season is even played, he tried to cash in on the success -all by himself.

"You" don't interview for these types of jobs if you don't want the job. If you did, it would just mean that you're that low of a person to be wasting other people's time. Therefore, he wanted the SC job. I have no doubts about that.

He's back. That means for whatever reason(s), he didn't get to cash in at SC and leave everyone behind. Now, he will try to get a bigger paycheck at USF, if not at another place.

I cant believe you are unable to comprehend this.  If you're not validating your value in the marketplace in ANY job you have, you are doing yourself a disservice. 

• Upvote 4

I cant believe you are unable to comprehend this.  If you're not validating your value in the marketplace in ANY job you have, you are doing yourself a disservice. 

I think some are spoiled by the Leavitt Loyalty Days! If Leavitt knew what his future was going to end up he would have taken the KState job 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Well said my fellow Bull, I could not have said this any better!

• Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

This is a business people, never forget that. This of you who are taking it personally, stop acting like jilted lovers.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Recruits are going to see the news reports "Willie Taggart accepts extension to keep him at USF, had recently interviewed at USC". Could look good, especially if we get him an extension before USC announces a hire.

Obviously this is if he stays. If he leaves I think we're ******.

Edited by theman123

This is a business people, never forget that. This of you who are taking it personally, stop acting like jilted lovers.

where were these people when Leavitt interviewed for Bama job while coaching at USF?

• Upvote 2