• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CWT Interviewing at SC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

if it were YOU and you were going to potentially go from 1 million to 4 million a year, would you not at least entertain an interview???? Exactly. Even the most die hard bulls fans would. So quit judging the guy ya it sucks but it's better than the hot seat problem.

Football, basketball, baseball, it doesn't matter. You've got to have balls. What he did was without balls.

The success the team had this year, it wasn't all him. It was all of them together, all the coaches and the players, and USF for paying the salaries and supporting the students. And then before the last game of the season is even played, he tried to cash in on the success -all by himself.

"You" don't interview for these types of jobs if you don't want the job. If you did, it would just mean that you're that low of a person to be wasting other people's time. Therefore, he wanted the SC job. I have no doubts about that.

He's back. That means for whatever reason(s), he didn't get to cash in at SC and leave everyone behind. Now, he will try to get a bigger paycheck at USF, if not at another place.

To me, he's no longer Coach Taggart. He's just Taggart now.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Football, basketball, baseball, it doesn't matter. You've got to have balls. What he did was without balls.

The success the team had this year, it wasn't all him. It was all of them together, all the coaches and the players, and USF for paying the salaries and supporting the students. And then before the last game of the season is even played, he tried to cash in on the success -all by himself.

"You" don't interview for these types of jobs if you don't want the job. If you did, it would just mean that you're that low of a person to be wasting other people's time. Therefore, he wanted the SC job. I have no doubts about that.

He's back. That means for whatever reason(s), he didn't get to cash in at SC and leave everyone behind. Now, he will try to get a bigger paycheck at USF, if not at another place.

Wow ........ just wow.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

It's really quite sad that there are people on here who can't see this as a "real world situation". If I was offered even the chance to interview for that kind of money I'm there; doesn't mean I'd take the offer even if I was offered but to not even see how I'm valued would be rediculos. The only thing that sucks is when you and I do it it is not blasted on Twitter.

And I get it you wanted him fired 2 months ago and you have just come around to the idea of the guy and he pulls this? But get over the jilted lover syndrome and look at it the way it is. Coach Taggart went on an interview that could put "Team Taggart" in a better position in life, one where his family would have to worry even less about their fiscal future. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

It's really quite sad that there are people on here who can't see this as a "real world situation". If I was offered even the chance to interview for that kind of money I'm there; doesn't mean I'd take the offer even if I was offered but to not even see how I'm valued would be rediculos. The only thing that sucks is when you and I do it it is not blasted on Twitter.

And I get it you wanted him fired 2 months ago and you have just come around to the idea of the guy and he pulls this? But get over the jilted lover syndrome and look at it the way it is. Coach Taggart went on an interview that could put "Team Taggart" in a better position in life, one where his family would have to worry even less about their fiscal future. 

Yeah I agree... maybe it is that I am not still totally sold on the turn around but I am not the least bit worried. If he stays great, if he gets another offer I think we have a decent chance of IMPROVING our coaching. This is a guy most all of us wanted fired at the end of last year and even the early half of this year. This is a guy who had to fire everyone who worked for him just to save his job. Maybe we have seen him grow into a great coach, maybe not. 

Should never fault a person for considering opportunities that they think may better themselves.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Recruits are going to see the news reports "Willie Taggart accepts extension to keep him at USF, had recently interviewed at USC". Could look good, especially if we get him an extension before USC announces a hire.

Obviously this is if he stays. If he leaves I think we're ******.

Am I remembering correctly that CJL did that a time or two? Can't find the quote but I seem to remember him saying something about keeping an offer letter from a major school in his desk drawer and sharing with some recruits. Kind of a "I think this place is special enough to CHOOSE over..." thing.

One of the big losses in losing a guy like CJL is we went from a coach who loved and built the program to a coach who sees it as the next step in his career. There is no getting around that - it isn't Wilie's fault and any other coach we hire very likely will feel the same. Unless/until we catapult ourselves back into a top tier conference we will always be either a place for coaches on the rise or a retirement gig.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Am I remembering correctly that CJL did that a time or two? Can't find the quote but I seem to remember him saying something about keeping an offer letter from a major school in his desk drawer and sharing with some recruits. Kind of a "I think this place is special enough to CHOOSE over..." thing.

One of the big losses in losing a guy like CJL is we went from a coach who loved and built the program to a coach who sees it as the next step in his career. There is no getting around that - it isn't Wilie's fault and any other coach we hire very likely will feel the same. Unless/until we catapult ourselves back into a top tier conference we will always be either a place for coaches on the rise or a retirement gig.

Don't know if Leavitt ever did that but I honestly would not be surprised if he used the Alabama offer in his favor. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

that was an offer letter from Bama! Judy said eat your heart out Bama during press conference that Leaviit announced he is staying at USF. Leavitt was also courted hard by Bill Snyder and KState to be HC. Leavitt said thanks but no thanks. KState fans praised Leavitt for being loyal to USF. Also Indiana interviewed him. And I believe UK and Minn. Miami Canes flat out got turned down by Leavitt

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

CJL was in a very unique position where he got to build the football program from the ground up. I imagine there's a lot of pride in a situation like that, and I can understand why he'd want to stay here, it's his baby!! Don't really think we can expect that out of any coach since he left. Especially since we aren't in a P5 conference.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

You must work for a non profit 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Non profit :roflmao:that's awesome!
Edited by Sellular1