• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Start Bench

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

I won't start him if he has no confidence to throw downfield. I prefer QB who has confidence and accuracy passer to make offense more balance as we can confuse our opponent. SBench is smart and can run.. He ran for TD against MD last season. Unfortunately, he's not Taggart's pet.

I like EC's Kemp's confidence last night against UF.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Having Bench in there would not have made our receivers not drop balls. Some of you just keep overlooking that. Yes Flowers missed some but receivers dropping balls is what killed critical drives.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

By the way Flowers stats through 2 games. 60 percent completion 4 tds 2 ints.

It's Flowers all the way baby. He'll get it done and make some of you eat crow.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I dont understand why people are so convince Bench is that much better than Flowers.

I dont think Flowers is a pure QB but hes as good a Bench with a better running ability and a knack of making plays out of nothing.

Bench HAS started before and hasnt shown anything great. Flowers at least never quit yesterday.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Flowers throws a nice sideline deep ball I will give him that, but you take away those and his flick passes to his rb (which adds to his compl % mind you) and he hasn't shown he can throw accurately in the middle of the field or hit a guy on a button hook, which are basic throws. He's a strong runner but he doesn't have break away speed by any measure for elite level QB in college athletics like some on here make would have you believe by reading various posts.  Bench and Flowers both have similar 40 times I would bet.  We will see who is right by the end of the season.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Flowers throws a nice sideline deep ball...

He threw a few of those yesterday. The WR was only 8 yards away though.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

By the way Flowers stats through 2 games. 60 percent completion 4 tds 2 ints.

It's Flowers all the way baby. He'll get it done and make some of you eat crow.

Swing passes baby. The opposition will eat those up all day long.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

Everyone knows I'm on the Bench side of this argument.  But if Taggart wants to play Flowers he will play Flowers - that is obvious.  I'm hoping the kid runs the table the rest of the way.  But Taggart better be sure about Flowers being the guy this year.  If he isn't he may not be here to see Woulard running the team next year.  I know others have said this on other threads, but Woulard just looked better in the limited practices I saw.  My guess is he'll be the starter next year no matter who is coaching.  Harlan seems to know enough about football as to whether this offense really is "new" this year.  And the number of fans in the stands there to watch this offense may have something to do with whether Tags stays.  We have a long way to go this year.  We put up 30+ against MD and draw greater than 25K in seats vs Memphis we'll be well on our way.  Get 14 again, 17k in seats and things may continue to spiral downward.  Next week is a big week for USF football.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

All know by now I am a Bench person. With that being said it was nice to see a QB scrap to make something out of a broken play. I have nothing against either QB. It is not a matter of who is better but who gives us the best chance to win. That being both QB's if necessary. It is a team effort.

My problem is with CWT. He has a streak of pride that will be his downfall. Look how long it took him to finally make a change from the offense he ran the last 2 yr. it was the threat of his job that caused the change. We have all worked for managers that refused to listen to their employees in their ideas for improvement & because of that stubbornness it became the company's downfall. This is what I see happening with CWT as the manager of the team. The sad part is it could cost those players & fans a chance to see a bowl bid this year.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

So what happens when Bench plays and he isn't any better?

START KEAN!

• Upvote 1