• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Start Bench

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

To me it seems Quinton won the job because of his athleticism and he plays like Willie has said he wants his qb to play----safe....if the first or second option isnt there then run, seriously how many pick sixes has Bench thrown in his limited time at qb...they want to rely on the running backs and defense, they dont want a qb forcing it and causing turnovers, bench is not the answer, Flowers will be fine by mid season or next year

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

To me it seems Quinton won the job because of his athleticism and he plays like Willie has said he wants his qb to play----safe....if the first or second option isnt there then run, seriously how many pick sixes has Bench thrown in his limited time at qb...they want to rely on the running backs and defense, they dont want a qb forcing it and causing turnovers, bench is not the answer, Flowers will be fine by mid season or next year

The goal in ALL athletic contests is to WIN.  If your QB cannot help you win because he is limited, you must swap him out for someone who can give you the opportunity to win a game.  Frankly, Bench has never spent enough time in at QB to fully evaluate him.  I do believe the 2nd half against FAMU was his longest time in a game and quite frankly, he outperformed QF.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

To me it seems Quinton won the job because of his athleticism and he plays like Willie has said he wants his qb to play----safe....if the first or second option isnt there then run, seriously how many pick sixes has Bench thrown in his limited time at qb...they want to rely on the running backs and defense, they dont want a qb forcing it and causing turnovers, bench is not the answer, Flowers will be fine by mid season or next year[/quote

The goal in ALL athletic contests is to WIN. If your QB cannot help you win because he is limited, you must swap him out for someone who can give you the opportunity to win a game. Frankly, Bench has never spent enough time in at QB to fully evaluate him. I do believe the 2nd half against FAMU was his longest time in a game and quite frankly, he outperformed QF.

That's what I have been saying

Edited by snarling Bull

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

So how many pick sixes has Bench thrown in his "limited" chances? I agree he throws a better ball but if he is throwing it to the other team then how does that help us win?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

If only we had a QB with White's arm, Flowers's legs, and Bench's confidence.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

The goal in ALL athletic contests is to WIN.  If your QB cannot help you win because he is limited, you must swap him out for someone who can give you the opportunity to win a game.  Frankly, Bench has never spent enough time in at QB to fully evaluate him.  I do believe the 2nd half against FAMU was his longest time in a game and quite frankly, he outperformed QF.

No. His longest time in a game was Maryland (14/36 1 INT) and Houston (12/25 1 INT).

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We did. And the masses thought Eveld was better.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

So Bench playing against gassed 1s & 2s and the scout team is equal to Flowers playing a fresh defense? Is that why you want Bench to play against Maryland and compare those stats to Flowers's game against FSU? Do you see anything wrong with the data you are trying to compare?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

We did. And the masses thought Eveld was better.

Man the Eveld/Floyd era was something wasn't