• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Start Bench

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

So what happens when Bench plays and he isn't any better?

START KEAN!

/thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

You don't pull a Sophomore QB that's thrown for 5 TDs in two games because he's not an immediate reincarnation of MG or BJD. CWT and his staff knows more about football than you do, and he's seen both Bench and Flowers display there ability more than any of us ever will.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Sound logic man... the issue is having faith/trust that CWT is competent to make that call

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Sound logic man... the issue is having faith/trust that CWT is competent to make that call

Good thing CWT has a solid track record handling QBs so there's no room for second guessing.

Good thing CWT has a solid track record handling QBs so there's no room for second guessing.

I think you're over estimating how difficult it is to evaluate talent. CWT is pretty bad at developing QBs, that much is clear. But the guy, and his staff, have been around football for their entire life, day in and day out. If Steven Bench was that much better, Willie and his staff would notice, and he'd be starting. But you know what, he's not.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think you're over estimating how difficult it is to evaluate talent. CWT is pretty bad at developing QBs, that much is clear. But the guy, and his staff, have been around football for their entire life, day in and day out. If Steven Bench was that much better, Willie and his staff would notice, and he'd be starting. But you know what, he's not.

Well, there you go then. QF starting is clear proof he's better. And I thought there was more to it than that.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Well, there you go then. QF starting is clear proof he's better. And I thought there was more to it than that.
First thing that popped in my head

[url=https://youtu.be/z-m3BcdsI2I]

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Right now we have a football team that can't pass or catch.

We are in year three now and the play calling is still mostly, run inside, run outside, run inside, punt.

Taggart is so caught up with the running game, we could have Aaron Rodgers and it wouldn't matter. I don't believe Taggart knows how to utilize the pass game.

QF starting is clear proof he's better. And I thought there was more to it than that.

QF starting is clear proof that Steven Bench does not improve USF's chances of winning in the eyes of several coaches who are around football 40+ hours a week. Take that as you may. But hey, maybe you are just that much better at observing talent than these guys.

The problem isn't who is starting. The problem is the fact that no matter who starts, they are being coached, and lead, by someone who simply is not good at coaching and developing a QB. I trust that CWT is fielding the best team we have. The problem is, the best team we have isn't that good, due to his inability to develop talent and efficiently manage a football game.

Edited by theman123

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I was at the game and it seemed that Flowers resisted throws to receivers across the middle of the field. I have not watched the game replay, but it seems that there were receivers running crosses and slants that were open in the middle throughout the game. The one time that I recall that he did throw over the middle was when he overthrew a wide open receiver.

This is something that can be worked on this week so that he will, hopefully, have more confidence to make those throws.