• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Start Bench

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

It was painful to watch.... any sort of passing game, that game would have been within 3.... the fact we still got yards with 8 in the box was impressive.... let bench start maryland.... WTH do we have to lose? It's not a conference game... QF had his chance against a P5 team, give Bench his shot.... best overall body of work starts game 4

To refine my point: If Bench shows good yards on read plays, and hits the open receivers, he starts game 4.... QF is not a throwing QB... very VERY talented FB player, not a good passing QB

Edited by Skingraft

Guest PCBull14

It was painful to watch.... any sort of passing game, that game would have been within 3.... the fact we still got yards with 8 in the box was impressive.... let bench start maryland.... WTH do we have to lose? It's not a conference game... QF had his chance against a P5 team, give Bench his shot.... best overall body of work starts game 4

Ha!

Start bench against Maryland, yea Maryland compared to FSU is exactly equal my friend!! We actually don't know what would've happened with Bench playing. Probably more sacks and more Ints. FSU would've brought probably twice as much pressure. Same passing skills and less movement. Feast for a defense with that much talent on it. QF starts and continues to gel the offense. Its already better then the Famu game. 

Clean up the tackling and we're fine. Small things in that game yesterday, the team didn't play that bad. Florida State is just that good. Sometimes a hat tip is all you can do. We haven't even seen 50% of the offense and people are already up in arms. I love this board, but sometimes it's the saddest yet funniest thing about USF on the web. 

We watched two different games...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I think the fact that you did not see SB in the FSU game is very telling of his chances to play throughout the season.

At the beginning of the season I was very adamant that SB was a much better passer and could move the O better. I believe this was case in the FAMU game. I made it very clear that if we want to win we have to let SB play and we could not afford to let QF develop at the cost of losing, he just needs more time. I believe the FSU game is indicative of CWT position on the matter. The team will go with QFs development as a QB so i would suggest you get use to it for the season.

Now onto the positives for QF. I can see why QF won the starting job and why CWT let him start the second half at FSU. He does provide another dimension that SB does not. I was hoping that CWT was saving something for QF to unleash in the second but unfortunately I think it's clear QF is a below average passer. Even with that he was able to get a few first downs moving the O. He has dramatically improved from last year and he makes it difficult for Ds which must account for his legs.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

Crazy that people still think Bench is a serviceable passing QB. People have argued with me that he has a much better arm than Flowers and for the sake of argument I will say ok, sure. However, he is a sub 50% passer with a knack for throwing balls to the other team.

This game would of been no different with Bench playing. Both of our QBs are medicore throwing the football. Even CWT has said Flowers has one read and then he is supposed to run it. That's the faith he has in both of them. He would rather Flowers run the ball then attempt to make reads. And he would rather have that at QB then let Bench make decisions.

However, I'm sure everyone is right and CWT would rather doom his young coaching career then play the guy who is going to give him wins.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Ha!

Start bench against Maryland, yea Maryland compared to FSU is exactly equal my friend!! We actually don't know what would've happened with Bench playing. Probably more sacks and more Ints. FSU would've brought probably twice as much pressure. Same passing skills and less movement. Feast for a defense with that much talent on it. QF starts and continues to gel the offense. Its already better then the Famu game. 

Clean up the tackling and we're fine. Small things in that game yesterday, the team didn't play that bad. Florida State is just that good. Sometimes a hat tip is all you can do. We haven't even seen 50% of the offense and people are already up in arms. I love this board, but sometimes it's the saddest yet funniest thing about USF on the web. 

When you look for negatives, that's exactly what you'll find.

I think with SB yesterday FSU has at least four more sacks, maybe more. What does that do to the offense?

IF Fullwood tackles Cook, or Sanchez doesn't get ejected, I think we have a different ball game.

My bottom line is that they made 3 plays when they had the chance. USF missed on 3 plays when we had the chance.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Ha!

When you look for negatives, that's exactly what you'll find.

I think with SB yesterday FSU has at least four more sacks, maybe more. What does that do to the offense?

IF Fullwood tackles Cook, or Sanchez doesn't get ejected, I think we have a different ball game.

My bottom line is that they made 3 plays when they had the chance. USF missed on 3 plays when we had the chance.

+1

Then is when I really like this board... well thought out debates.... we all see things differently, and it's nice to view each others views...

Agree to disagree, but all valid points

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I think the fact that you did not see SB in the FSU game is very telling of his chances to play throughout the season.

At the beginning of the season I was very adamant that SB was a much better passer and could move the O better. I believe this was case in the FAMU game. I made it very clear that if we want to win we have to let SB play and we could not afford to let QF develop at the cost of losing, he just needs more time. I believe the FSU game is indicative of CWT position on the matter. The team will go with QFs development as a QB so i would suggest you get use to it for the season.

Now onto the positives for QF. I can see why QF won the starting job and why CWT let him start the second half at FSU. He does provide another dimension that SB does not. I was hoping that CWT was saving something for QF to unleash in the second but unfortunately I think it's clear QF is a below average passer. Even with that he was able to get a few first downs moving the O. He has dramatically improved from last year and he makes it difficult for Ds which must account for his legs.

Well done.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Then is when I really like this board... well thought out debates.... we all see things differently, and it's nice to view each others views...

Agree to disagree, but all valid points

+1