• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Buzz's salary is $1.1 million. We can more than afford that and increase it.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It's more than that...

http://m.jsonline.com/more/sports/goldeneagles/marquette-coach-buzz-williams-earnings-top-18-million-b9917790z1-208768771.html

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

It's more than that...

http://m.jsonline.com/more/sports/goldeneagles/marquette-coach-buzz-williams-earnings-top-18-million-b9917790z1-208768771.html

and their BB program generated $14,389,000.00 in 2012

What does USF generate?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

$1.15 million in base salary

that $700K bonus was a one time bonus I believe.

We can more than afford a salary like that and we would certainly have bonuses in the contract.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

What does USF generate?

Disappointment .

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What does USF generate?

Disappointment .

Winner

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

We can more than afford a salary like that and we would certainly have bonuses in the contract.

Buzz earned $1,888,881 from MU in 2012, which included the smallest bonus ($700,000) since he took the job.  His bonuses have ranged from $700,000 to about $1.9 milliion over the past 6 years.

MU also paid Team Buzz Williams LP an additional $1 million for professional services.

Finally, those numbers don't include outside income such as endorsements, his radio and tv shows and basketball camp revenue.

I have been told he is making somewhere around $3.3 million per year, ballpark.

Now, I also heard he was offered at least $4 million by SMU last year which he turned down and he also turned down an offer in 2012 to coach an NBA team.  As a side note, he was approached by one of the blue blood schools last year to replace their coach who the school felt was about to accept an NBA offer.  People say he would have taken that job. 

All that being said, Buzz isn't about money.  If he isn't happy at MU, he will take another job, even it means taking a pay cut.  He was just in a power struggle with the President and AD which ended with the President and the AD both leaving Marquette.  Has he soured on the University because of those events?  People in the know say no, but you never know. 

BTW, I don't MU fans think USF is garbage.  USF is perceived as a football school with little or no commitment to hoops.  Given that MU averages about 16,000 a game, has the second highest bball budget in the country and great facilities, most MU fans wonder why Buzz would leave to go to a school that doesn't have the same resources or commitment to basketball?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What was his beef that he ran off a president and AD?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,533
  • Days Won:  422

Buzz earned $1,888,881 from MU in 2012, which included the smallest bonus ($700,000) since he took the job.  His bonuses have ranged from $700,000 to about $1.9 milliion over the past 6 years.

MU also paid Team Buzz Williams LP an additional $1 million for professional services.

Finally, those numbers don't include outside income such as endorsements, his radio and tv shows and basketball camp revenue.

I have been told he is making somewhere around $3.3 million per year, ballpark.

Now, I also heard he was offered at least $4 million by SMU last year which he turned down and he also turned down an offer in 2012 to coach an NBA team.  As a side note, he was approached by one of the blue blood schools last year to replace their coach who the school felt was about to accept an NBA offer.  People say he would have taken that job. 

All that being said, Buzz isn't about money.  If he isn't happy at MU, he will take another job, even it means taking a pay cut.  He was just in a power struggle with the President and AD which ended with the President and the AD both leaving Marquette.  Has he soured on the University because of those events?  People in the know say no, but you never know. 

BTW, I don't MU fans think USF is garbage.  USF is perceived as a football school with little or no commitment to hoops.  Given that MU averages about 16,000 a game, has the second highest bball budget in the country and great facilities, most MU fans wonder why Buzz would leave to go to a school that doesn't have the same resources or commitment to basketball?

Thanks for the MU perspective. What kind of jumps out to me is that if he was in a power struggle with the Prez and AD, and they lost their jobs over it, seems like kind of a crappy move, to me anyway, to bail on the university .... but we'll take it if it happens he lands here.

As far as the commitment to hoops here, while they may not be up to MU standards, we did just completely renovate the SunDome and built a long needed practice facility so it's not quite as bad as it was a few years ago. Having said that though, the MU fans wondering why he would leave to come here is a pretty legit question. My guess would be for the change of scenery and the challenge because, if your income figures are correct, it sure wouldn't be for the money.