• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Sometimes, OK many times, people on here make no sense. You are bashing an AD for not hiring a coach when he isn't even starting until Monday. The guy hasn't been in Florida trying to make a cross country move. And I hope you really don't expect Judy to make the hire after hiring a new AD. Let's give the guy time to move into his office.

I'm sorry but in this day and age, there is NO TIME. Move your crap next week or in two weeks, get down here NOW and hire a **** coach. We are paying this guy a hefty salary to oversee athletics, I don't care when he moves his crap or his family.

If we pay anything near 2 mil for a coach now, I'll be absolutely furious.

starting Monday.

So Ricky, if I just hired you for a 500k+ salary job and **** hit the fan a couple days before you were scheduled to start (but you already showed up and introduced yourself and talked to the staff) you're telling me if I called and asked for help now, you'd respond with "sorry bro, I don't start until Monday." ?

Get real.

I think it would behoove me to be in discussions with the search agency, the President, and whomever else may have input.  Then get myself to Tampa and then make an unrushed decision.  Find out what my budget is for a coach, etc.  I don't see how waiting 3 more days to hire a coach is an issue.  IMO, we aren't paying anyone 2 million/year.   So both Pearl and Bull were not realistic.  I could be dead wrong, but I don't see it happening.

Do you want a guy making a decision while his family is in turmoil?  I'm fine with a hire next week or the week after.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

He signed a 7 year 18 million dollar deal at VaTech.  That's almost $2.6 million a year.

Leads me to believe that maybe USF went after him and VaTech just payed more.  2 seems plausible at USF, 2.6 isn't.

$2.6M is chump change compared to the positive effect it would have on our donor list.  Shortsighted ******** nonsense from Fowler Avenue.  They're effectively destroying their own fan base by not wanting to reach for the golden chalice.  I may done playing this game with them.

P.S.$ 2.6M is only $0.15M more than Bruce Pearl got from Auburn and that was CHEAP!!!!

I find it hard to believe that Buzz would have that much of an effect on the donor list ...

Are you smoking the same stuff as Collin at Voodoo Five?  Buzz Williams is THE guy and the only guy after Bruce Pearl.  From my perspective, they've whiffed twice.  One, they didn't even consider Pearl (and I agree, they probably didn't even consider him for what may be multiple reasons) but they also whiffed on Buzz who they most definitely wanted.  He wanted to come here.........he did.  So in my mind, it came down to a money issue and USF didn't sack up.  Shame...shame....shame.

All kidding aside, and no offense, but I'm really going to need some heavy duty corroboration on that ....

I got nothing for you but "trust me", it was communicated that the warm climes of Florida were preferred over other alternatives.

Really, no offense, but I'm not buying it ... that he really wanted to come here but we were that far off financially that something couldn't have been worked out. The VT thing happened too quick for there to have been that serious of talks with us.

Upon further investigation, with the $2.6M he got from VT, I can see that gap being rather large, wondering how much Buzz would discount for the weather ...

So when they actually end up paying someone less than desirable a salary near or above $2M, how is that $2.6 going to look?

I tend to deal with realities. We can deal with your "what if's" when the time comes ...

No one is available to commit to a coaching hire..............................they've gone the route of the selection committee................so they're going to miss out on the best of the best.  Poor management, plain and simple, no one able to make command decisions at USF and they'll end up in the same position they've always been, paying lots of money for very poor performance.

If the warm climes were REALLY that important to ol Buzz, he would have waited a few days before jumping on VT ... and before you start whining about USF again paying lots of money for very poor performance, let's at least get a new coach and a couple of years of performance to judge him on.

Just saw on Twitter that Buzz took a paycut to go to VaTech

If that is true, there was no way in Hell he was ever in play here ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Buzz said he liked the opportunity to be able to coach in the best hoops conference (ACC) and he said he loves that the ACC has a great TV deal. I believe Andy Katz relayed that info yesterday. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Get off your high horse, he was going to take a pay cut anywhere he went.  He knew and was alright with it.

Get off your high horse, he was going to take a pay cut anywhere he went.  He knew and was alright with it.

There are pay cuts and then there are PAY CUTS ... and the ones on the high horses are the ones that are amazed that these coaches bypassed the AAC to go to the SEC and ACC.

Curley's on CBS right now ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

tumblr_n0w7lx0PGf1styqlqo1_500.gif