• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

It's a top 15 salary in basketball, but sure, we have that money...

We can't afford to NOT have that money.  Did you pay cash for your house??  I didn't.  I built a successful business on money borrowed and paid back.  Risk/Reward my friend and a real forward thinking business or university would realize and can compute those economics.  It's not ******* rocket science.!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Good comparison...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

He signed a 7 year 18 million dollar deal at VaTech.  That's almost $2.6 million a year.

Leads me to believe that maybe USF went after him and VaTech just payed more.  2 seems plausible at USF, 2.6 isn't.

$2.6M is chump change compared to the positive effect it would have on our donor list.  Shortsighted ******** nonsense from Fowler Avenue.  They're effectively destroying their own fan base by not wanting to reach for the golden chalice.  I may done playing this game with them.

P.S.$ 2.6M is only $0.15M more than Bruce Pearl got from Auburn and that was CHEAP!!!!

I find it hard to believe that Buzz would have that much of an effect on the donor list ...

Are you smoking the same stuff as Collin at Voodoo Five?  Buzz Williams is THE guy and the only guy after Bruce Pearl.  From my perspective, they've whiffed twice.  One, they didn't even consider Pearl (and I agree, they probably didn't even consider him for what may be multiple reasons) but they also whiffed on Buzz who they most definitely wanted.  He wanted to come here.........he did.  So in my mind, it came down to a money issue and USF didn't sack up.  Shame...shame....shame.

All kidding aside, and no offense, but I'm really going to need some heavy duty corroboration on that ....

He signed a 7 year 18 million dollar deal at VaTech.  That's almost $2.6 million a year.

Leads me to believe that maybe USF went after him and VaTech just payed more.  2 seems plausible at USF, 2.6 isn't.

$2.6M is chump change compared to the positive effect it would have on our donor list.  Shortsighted ******** nonsense from Fowler Avenue.  They're effectively destroying their own fan base by not wanting to reach for the golden chalice.  I may done playing this game with them.

P.S.$ 2.6M is only $0.15M more than Bruce Pearl got from Auburn and that was CHEAP!!!!

I find it hard to believe that Buzz would have that much of an effect on the donor list ...

Are you smoking the same stuff as Collin at Voodoo Five?  Buzz Williams is THE guy and the only guy after Bruce Pearl.  From my perspective, they've whiffed twice.  One, they didn't even consider Pearl (and I agree, they probably didn't even consider him for what may be multiple reasons) but they also whiffed on Buzz who they most definitely wanted.  He wanted to come here.........he did.  So in my mind, it came down to a money issue and USF didn't sack up.  Shame...shame....shame.

All kidding aside, and no offense, but I'm really going to need some heavy duty corroboration on that ....

I got nothing for you but "trust me", it was communicated that the warm climes of Florida were preferred over other alternatives.

I got nothing for you but "trust me", it was communicated that the warm climes of Florida were preferred over other alternatives.

Really, no offense, but I'm not buying it ... that he really wanted to come here but we were that far off financially that something couldn't have been worked out. The VT thing happened too quick for there to have been that serious of talks with us.

Really, no offense, but I'm not buying it ... that he really wanted to come here but we were that far off financially that something couldn't have been worked out. The VT thing happened too quick for there to have been that serious of talks with us.

Upon further investigation, with the $2.6M he got from VT, I can see that gap being rather large, wondering how much Buzz would discount for the weather ...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Buzz and his representation could have floated their "interest" in USF as a signal that he was looking to move on.....

Upon further investigation, with the $2.6M he got from VT, I can see that gap being rather large, wondering how much Buzz would discount for the weather ...

So when they actually end up paying someone less than desirable a salary near or above $2M, how is that $2.6 going to look?  No one is available to commit to a coaching hire..............................they've gone the route of the selection committee................so they're going to miss out on the best of the best.  Poor management, plain and simple, no one able to make command decisions at USF and they'll end up in the same position they've always been, paying lots of money for very poor performance.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Sometimes, OK many times, people on here make no sense.  You are bashing an AD for not hiring a coach when he isn't even starting until Monday.  The guy hasn't been in Florida trying to make a cross country move.  And I hope you really don't expect Judy to make the hire after hiring a new AD.  Let's give the guy time to move into his office.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

It's a top 15 salary in basketball, but sure, we have that money...

We can't afford to NOT have that money.  Did you pay cash for your house??  I didn't.  I built a successful business on money borrowed and paid back.  Risk/Reward my friend and a real forward thinking business or university would realize and can compute those economics.  It's not ******* rocket science.!

BINGO!!!! USF needs to take more risk and invest more to be able to get that good return. They always say that the younger you are the more risk that you can aford to take. USF is young compared to other programs that are old in traditon. USF needs to back up their talk of going big with this next hire. If not, then firing Heath was a big mistake in the 1st place.