• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

He signed a 7 year 18 million dollar deal at VaTech.  That's almost $2.6 million a year.

Leads me to believe that maybe USF went after him and VaTech just payed more.  2 seems plausible at USF, 2.6 isn't.

$2.6M is chump change compared to the positive effect it would have on our donor list.  Shortsighted ******** nonsense from Fowler Avenue.  They're effectively destroying their own fan base by not wanting to reach for the golden chalice.  I may done playing this game with them.

P.S.$ 2.6M is only $0.15M more than Bruce Pearl got from Auburn and that was CHEAP!!!!

I find it hard to believe that Buzz would have that much of an effect on the donor list ...

Are you smoking the same stuff as Collin at Voodoo Five?  Buzz Williams is THE guy and the only guy after Bruce Pearl.  From my perspective, they've whiffed twice.  One, they didn't even consider Pearl (and I agree, they probably didn't even consider him for what may be multiple reasons) but they also whiffed on Buzz who they most definitely wanted.  He wanted to come here.........he did.  So in my mind, it came down to a money issue and USF didn't sack up.  Shame...shame....shame.

All kidding aside, and no offense, but I'm really going to need some heavy duty corroboration on that ....

I got nothing for you but "trust me", it was communicated that the warm climes of Florida were preferred over other alternatives.

Really, no offense, but I'm not buying it ... that he really wanted to come here but we were that far off financially that something couldn't have been worked out. The VT thing happened too quick for there to have been that serious of talks with us.

And how do you know the talks were not happening before? Why dont you just reason it all out? You are actually thinking USF just goes ahead and fires Heath without already dreaming about his replacement? That is not how or should it work. And if you are right then USF is lost. You cant run an big athletics department by not looking ahead of things. Sorry, but I just think you are denial these days. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Sometimes, OK many times, people on here make no sense. You are bashing an AD for not hiring a coach when he isn't even starting until Monday. The guy hasn't been in Florida trying to make a cross country move. And I hope you really don't expect Judy to make the hire after hiring a new AD. Let's give the guy time to move into his office.

I'm sorry but in this day and age, there is NO TIME. Move your crap next week or in two weeks, get down here NOW and hire a **** coach. We are paying this guy a hefty salary to oversee athletics, I don't care when he moves his crap or his family.

If we pay anything near 2 mil for a coach now, I'll be absolutely furious.

Sometimes, OK many times, people on here make no sense. You are bashing an AD for not hiring a coach when he isn't even starting until Monday. The guy hasn't been in Florida trying to make a cross country move. And I hope you really don't expect Judy to make the hire after hiring a new AD. Let's give the guy time to move into his office.

I'm sorry but in this day and age, there is NO TIME. Move your crap next week or in two weeks, get down here NOW and hire a **** coach. We are paying this guy a hefty salary to oversee athletics, I don't care when he moves his crap or his family.

I agree that USF needs to get this coach ASAP!! We have a ton of talentent recruiting classes at stake here. The more USF waits the more chance our talented player such as Egbunu, Perry, Heath, even AC may decide to look elsewhere. I am more concerned about keep these classes together. If we cant do that then all that hard work that HEATH put into USF will go for not. Got to a good coach in here ASAP to talk to this team and convince them that we will win. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

starting Monday.

starting Monday.

Yes he officially starts Monday. But we have to believe that USF has been looking for their next coach long before that. So, he more than likely already has been doing work with USF even before his official start date. So, I am hoping the next coach will be annouced in the coming week. I have confidence in Harlan, Hoops guy coming from AZ and UCLA, so he will have plenty of basketball people to choose from. I get excited just thinking about it. GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just saw on Twitter that Buzz took a paycut to go to VaTech

starting Monday.

So Ricky, if I just hired you for a 500k+ salary job and **** hit the fan a couple days before you were scheduled to start (but you already showed up and introduced yourself and talked to the staff) you're telling me if I called and asked for help now, you'd respond with "sorry bro, I don't start until Monday." ?

Get real.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It's really amazing that folks who have no idea of what is happening behind the curtain complain that nothing is happening behind the curtain.

It may very well be the case that the wizard is a fraud, but to create such claims out of whole cloth without knowing what is or is not being done blows my mind.

Edited by charsibb

Charsibb, does it really blow your mind? On this forum?

This is a place where we can act on impulse :)

It's a college sports fan message board, the craziest of crazy places.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Well, with all the flashbacks recently, I guess my mind is rather easily blown...