• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Post Game USF/UCF Fan Interaction Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Although I am sure that this post will outrage USF fans (particularly the football no-nothing crowd like the guy who opined that Blake Bortles is immobile and can't throw) but remember this was just an opinion.

Where did I say Bortles can't throw?  UCF isn't strong on reading comprehension, is it?

I said his decision making wasn't near elite level.

Here is your quote know-nothing: "He's a relatively immobile QB without a great pocket sense and he doesn't throw the ball where it needs to be."

Have you forgotten already your own posts? "He doesn't throw the ball where it needs to be?" Are you serious? No one with a football IQ would agree with you. Now go away you homer. Your green and gold glasses have fogged your vision. And the way you tried to disclaim that assertion is priceless.

You don't understand the difference between the ability to throw the ball and lack of field vision?  This is the lack of knowledge I'm talking about.

Well, if he is not near elite, this writer differs:

When discussing the top quarterback prospects for the 2014 NFL Draft, Teddy Bridgewater, Marcus Mariota and Johnny Manziel are the top underclassmen mentioned. But it's time Bortles is included in that mix. The strong, well-built passer has Central Florida at nine wins and a shot at a BCS game in January. And if Bortles decides to test the NFL waters after this season, he will be mentioned as a possible first-rounder.

Link. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24280625/nfl-draft-week-13-stock-report-dont-forget-bortles

So saying that he would be a late round choice may and I emhasize "may" not be accurate.

I think that he is under the radar ..or continues there, and unless he were assured of a top 3 round choice, he comes back for his senior season. But, who knows.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Would like to know the overall feeling of this upcoming game from ucf fans. Obviously our feelings are that ucf will punish us harshly and bury the "64-12" and "4-0" comments.

If i were a ucf fan, i would be pumped for this game only in the sense that it pretty much guarantees a bcs bowl bid. There is too much of a bigger picture panning out here that a "revenge" game won't be the headline. But i could be wrong cuz im not a ucf fan

Here is the general UCF perspective about this game. Knight fans certainly want revenge and to say otherwise would be inaccurate. That being said, we aren't that hyped up about the "revenge/rivalry" aspect of this game for 4 reasons:

1.USF is probably the worst team on our schedule outside of UConn so there is little respect for your team and no mystery about the potential outcome of the game (it isn't "if" we will win but by how much).

2. UCF is playing for something much bigger (BCS) and the thought of being one step closer to clinching will supersede the rivalry aspect of the game.

3. It has been a while since UCF has played USF and there is less animosity about the 4 losses as no current player or student was around when that happened.

4. UCF truly feels they have passed USF in terms of program strength and they don't see USF as that much of a current threat to our rise.

Although I am sure that this post will outrage USF fans (particularly the football no-nothing crowd like the guy who opined that Blake Bortles is immobile and can't throw) but remember this was just an opinion.

No outrage here. I'd say you're spot-on with #1 & 2. I can't imagine you really believe 3 & 4 are true, though. No UCF fans I know look at it that way. They want sweet revenge (and they'll likely get all of it) and just pray the program can keep enough strength to stay near this high spot. I'm envious of your team this year, you came into the conference at the absolute best time in your program's history. But it's a stretch to think you'll be able to stay this high and we'll stay this low.

Congrats on an awesome year so far! Hope we can make it a decent game Saturday, go easy on our faithful that make the trip down I-4.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

...and for the record, IMO Bortles is the best you've ever had--killer head game. He's not the most talented QB out there, but he may be the best leader in the conference. Your RB duo is beastly, too. I think all three of those guys play on Sundays in some capacity. But that aside, it's a team that supersedes expectations and just plays well as a team--strong but beatable if their will gets broken. Like I said, just my opinion.

We, on the other hand, under-play our potential. Luckily for you guys this year, there's not much hope of that train changing direction. Our D is pretty good, but undisciplined and not very deep. If it stays on the field, the Knights will chew it up at will. Kills me to say...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Yes I hope UCF fans treat the few hundred or so USF fans well that travel to Orlando.

They have a good team and most likely will win.   

USF will be back and will make this a good game in a year or so...

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Also just another bit of news to the ucf posters on this board.

There will be a very weak showing by usf fans. Dont be shocked to see the visiting section bone dry. I would probably guess maybe 1,000 usf fans plus band. So dont be disappointed.

I will be there with my wife and another. So dont blame me. At least not until halftime

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Would like to know the overall feeling of this upcoming game from ucf fans. Obviously our feelings are that ucf will punish us harshly and bury the "64-12" and "4-0" comments.

If i were a ucf fan, i would be pumped for this game only in the sense that it pretty much guarantees a bcs bowl bid. There is too much of a bigger picture panning out here that a "revenge" game won't be the headline. But i could be wrong cuz im not a ucf fan

Here is the general UCF perspective about this game. Knight fans certainly want revenge and to say otherwise would be inaccurate. That being said, we aren't that hyped up about the "revenge/rivalry" aspect of this game for 4 reasons:

1.USF is probably the worst team on our schedule outside of UConn so there is little respect for your team and no mystery about the potential outcome of the game (it isn't "if" we will win but by how much).

2. UCF is playing for something much bigger (BCS) and the thought of being one step closer to clinching will supersede the rivalry aspect of the game.3. It has been a while since UCF has played USF and there is less animosity about the 4 losses as no current player or student was around when that happened.

4. UCF truly feels they have passed USF in terms of program strength and they don't see USF as that much of a current threat to our rise.

Based on UCF's 8 year part-time bachelor programs in Theme Park Custodial Services, Theme Park Hospitality, Name Tag Arts, Linear Urban Planning, and Infectious Disease Counseling, I believe UCF has many students who were enrolled at the time of the four-year beat down at the hands of USF.

Awesome. Just Awesome!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Also just another bit of news to the ucf posters on this board.

There will be a very weak showing by usf fans. Dont be shocked to see the visiting section bone dry. I would probably guess maybe 1,000 usf fans plus band. So dont be disappointed.

I will be there with my wife and another. So dont blame me. At least not until halftime

I'll be there. Doing my part as .1% of the good guys. Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

UCF will stick it to us hard and deep and we deserve every inch of it. We owned them for 4 years straight with a 6-year span in between games. Grothe and Leavitt both continued to give parting shots at UCF even long after the game was over.

It's UCF's turn now.

Sadly, I concur. Good thing they have very small penises.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

UCF invasion shows how significant USF is as an opponent is to them, despite what they say.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

I got hate on here for saying bortles was a top 5 QB. Ill stick by my guns all year. Im a USF student and fan, but the kid is good