• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

My head hurts...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

If FSU and Clemson go, what does that do to Pitt and Cuse? It likely could sabotage the new deal the ACC just signed because I'm not sure if ESPN will want to pay that kind of money without FSU in the mix. They may have an out.
ESPN lawyers have included language that makes this deal, change or become void if any membership change occurs. Be sure of that, Come on, they aren't throwing out billions of dollar contracts without some **** smart attorneys watching out for their interests. Not all attys are as dumb as those guys you see on TV.

The previous conference TV contracts (Big 12) didn't have that. You can't say the loss of teams would cost the ACC if they replace them at this point.

Not for certain, but we don't know how all this shifting has affected contract language. ESPN may have gotten something in return during renegotiations, but we don't know one way or the other.

I'd say that if I were running one of the networks right now, that I would build in an out or a payment reduction if a conference loses members, especially if a "premium" member in the conference leaves. FSU, Miami, VT, and Clemson probably would get that designation for the ACC. Yet we don't know, but it is entirely possible that these new deals that extended the contracts have protections for the TV networks against conference shifts.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

It looks to be Louisville is getting cut out of the Big 12 and Pitt might not be headed to ACC next year but Big 12.

This situation is fluid.

ACC meetings should be interesting.

The reason why SEC would want NC State is they want NC, UNC is their top choice for that state but it may not happen. Same with VT in Virginia, and supposedly VT is already putting itself out their for SEC if FSU leaves.

Sources??

Edited by FazaUSF

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If FSU and Clemson go, what does that do to Pitt and Cuse? It likely could sabotage the new deal the ACC just signed because I'm not sure if ESPN will want to pay that kind of money without FSU in the mix. They may have an out.
ESPN lawyers have included language that makes this deal, change or become void if any membership change occurs. Be sure of that, Come on, they aren't throwing out billions of dollar contracts without some **** smart attorneys watching out for their interests. Not all attys are as dumb as those guys you see on TV.

The previous conference TV contracts (Big 12) didn't have that. You can't say the loss of teams would cost the ACC if they replace them at this point.

Not for certain, but we don't know how all this shifting has affected contract language. ESPN may have gotten something in return during renegotiations, but we don't know one way or the other.

I'd say that if I were running one of the networks right now, that I would build in an out or a payment reduction if a conference loses members, especially if a "premium" member in the conference leaves. FSU, Miami, VT, and Clemson probably would get that designation for the ACC. Yet we don't know, but it is entirely possible that these new deals that extended the contracts have protections for the TV networks against conference shifts.

By the same token...you don't think the conferences might have the same protection? They're more likley to get hurt by this ongoing shift than the networks. Personally it's absurd to think either way at this point.

What we do know is that at least one previous contract between ESPN and a major conference had a minimum team clause with no specifics as to who those teams were.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

By the same token...you don't think the conferences might have the same protection? They're more likley to get hurt by this ongoing shift than the networks. Personally it's absurd to think either way at this point.

What we do know is that at least one previous contract between ESPN and a major conference had a minimum team clause with no specifics as to who those teams were.

Still no source for what you are claiming. You said "it came out" when Baylor was filing suit. Where did it come out to? I want to see what it says. That last link doesn't say anything about member teams or how that is dealt with contractually.It does say this though in one of it's sister stories

There is, in fact, only one certainty when it comes to Baylor: if the Big 12 ceases to exists, they will not be a part of a BcS conference, which means the financial bottom line of its athletic department will take a near-lethal blow. Is it any wonder, then, that BU is grasping at any and all legal straws?

Could a statement ever have been more wrong?

BTW, that suit was never filed so nothing actually came out as a result of that suit.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

It looks to be Louisville is getting cut out of the Big 12 and Pitt might not be headed to ACC next year but Big 12.

This situation is fluid.

The reason why SEC would want NC State is they want NC, UNC is their top choice for that state but it may not happen. Same with VT in Virginia, and supposedly VT is already putting itself out their for SEC if FSU leaves.

Sources??

What he said ...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

My head hurts...

+1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

My head hurts...

... but do your feet stink and do you still love Jesus?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

This situation is fluid.

Sources??

What he said ...

since when did this guy ever provide sources first?

• Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

My head hurts...

... but do your feet stink and do you still love Jesus?

it's that kind of morning...