• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Do you think there is any chance we could convince FSU, Clemson, and any two friends they would like to bring along to join the BE before we negotiate the new TV deal? :)

Highly doubtful. They should consider even though they won't it b/c I bet they could make drive up the BE contract and make their own money.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

Coach Strong just tweeted that " big news for the university about to happen"

He does that everytime he gets a recruit, try and keep up.

Kind of **** statement don't you think?

Only his second post on here so we'll give him a break for his social ineptitude ...

"Social Ineptitude"? I think he's hit the ground running. Fits right in. :D

LOL ... That was actually my 1a response.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Didn't FSU have a chance to review the TV deal and vote on it?

Wetzel said that even the member schools don't have a copy of the contract.

According to Yahoo! Sports writer Dan Wetzel, the new deal with ESPN/ABC is back loaded such that much of reported $17 million per school won't be seen for several years. In fact, Wetzel adds that the initial bump in revenue will only be just over $1 million and that schools will receive around $12 million next season.

However, nobody seems to know exactly how the deal is structured, what amount of money each school will receive (or when), or how exactly third tier television rights will be handled. That's because the ACC won't release the actual contract. In fact, if Wetzel is correct, ACC members don't even have a copy of the agreement.

Of course, the PR department at the ACC has been willing to give their version of how beneficial the contract is for the member schools. Keep in mind that these are the same people that vigorously defended the league's football officials last fall.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1365006

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

There are only 4-6 schools worth looking into:

1. Notre Dame- are they finally ready to join a conference?

2. UCONN- bad blood with BC. Starting dialogue to resolve the issues caused by the 2005 lawsuit

3.USF- FL market, upgraded facilities. Some recent success in BBAll. ( made the NIT and NCAA 2 out of the last 3 years.)

4. Cincy- GReat tradition. Horrible facilities. they do have access to the Bengals facility if their current stadium is deemed too small.

5. Rutgers- I think this program has peaked, but strager things have happened when additional money is pupmed into it.

6. An upper tier CUSA team like ECu and Southen Miss- doubtful, or Houston, Memphis, I would think Houston is the front runner here.

the Acc's options are extremely limited. They need a FB presence and our record vs ACC teams shows we are already competitive in this league. I personally think it is a downgreade in competition for us, but a huge upgrade in $$ resources and perception. $$ talks and that is the reality.

Also keep in mind that the ACC has issues with how much "catring" is done to the BB powerhouses. the infighting is not as bad as the BE but the issue still exists here.

It is a pretty big issue with the BB powers. I think the only difference is they don't have any BB only schools. If we move to the ACC all we have done is move from one BB conference to another for maybe more money at the end.

Sorry, but this statement is ridiculous. Yea the ACC is a bball conference, but come one. You can't say that with a straight face and actually mean it, can you?

I sure can and I will say it again for ya if you want. Aside from money the ACC is a BB conference. Years ago they tryed to make it with FSU & Miami a relevant football conference but it has been years since either of those teams have been relevant as far as NC is concerned. Do you really see the ACC as a power FB conference ? Can you say that with a straight face ? Pit and Cuse do what for the ACC ? BB and that is about it.

Edited by dabull80

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

2. UCONN- bad blood with BC. Starting dialogue to resolve the issues caused by the 2005 lawsuit

3.USF- FL market, upgraded facilities. Some recent success in BBAll. ( made the NIT and NCAA 2 out of the last 3 years.)

4. Cincy- GReat tradition. Horrible facilities. they do have access to the Bengals facility if their current stadium is deemed too small.

5. Rutgers- I think this program has peaked, but strager things have happened when additional money is pupmed into it.

6. An upper tier CUSA team like ECu and Southen Miss- doubtful, or Houston, Memphis, I would think Houston is the front runner here.

the Acc's options are extremely limited. They need a FB presence and our record vs ACC teams shows we are already competitive in this league. I personally think it is a downgreade in competition for us, but a huge upgrade in $$ resources and perception. $$ talks and that is the reality.

Also keep in mind that the ACC has issues with how much "catring" is done to the BB powerhouses. the infighting is not as bad as the BE but the issue still exists here.

It is a pretty big issue with the BB powers. I think the only difference is they don't have any BB only schools. If we move to the ACC all we have done is move from one BB conference to another for maybe more money at the end.

Sorry, but this statement is ridiculous. Yea the ACC is a bball conference, but come one. You can't say that with a straight face and actually mean it, can you?

I sure can and I will say it again for ya if you want. Aside from money the ACC is a BB conference. Years ago they tryed to make it with FSU & Miami a relevant football conference but it has been years since either of those teams have been relevant as far as NC is concerned. Do you really see the ACC as a power FB conference ? Can you say that with a straight face ? Pit and Cuse do what for the ACC ? BB and that is about it.

Whatever kind of conference it is, it's still a helluvalot more desirable destination than where we are now ...

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Whatever kind of conference it is, it's still a helluvalot more desirable destination than where we are now ...

true story

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

The BE interim commish should be calling Swofford and discussing a merger of the 2 remnants.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We're definitely getting way ahead of ourselves here - FSU's president seems to be arguing in favor of staying the ACC - see the latest statement here:

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7929292/statement-florida-state-president-eric-barron-acc-alignment

With the president of the university in favor of staying put, it's hard to fathom FSU making a move at this point.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

We're definitely getting way ahead of ourselves here - FSU's president seems to be arguing in favor of staying the ACC - see the latest statement here:

http://espn.go.com/c...n-acc-alignment

With the president of the university in favor of staying put, it's hard to fathom FSU making a move at this point.

He's just the PC mouth piece.... too many people at FSU are talking for this to not happen....

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

http://espn.go.com/c...n-acc-alignment

Yeah, just like when the GM of a baseball team says they aren't going to fire the manager. That is when he knows he's in trouble.

FSU is as good as gone.