• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Per Brian Ethridge. 10 teams have called Big XII to open dialogue. Seven of them coming from the ACC. One from Big East. One independent

Retweeted

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Also, not sure the Haggard thing was planned ... That's a little too "tin foil hat" for me, seeing he was dead wrong about the 3rd tier revenue.

LOL, high ranking people like that rarely sneeze in public without considering the ramifications. Him being wrong about the 3rd tier revenue isn't nearly as bad as Barron making factual errors in a written statement released to the press. I find it highly unlikely those errors were made by mistake. He has people on staff to make sure any prepared statements are accurate. Barron is trying to sell the illusion that FSU has not had any conversations with the Big 12, so as to avoid litigation in the future.

The Barron statement makes me more convinced they are talking, not less.

So now you're saying Barron's statement had factual errors? Can you enlighten?

FWIW, I was sure there was already discussion between FSU and the B12 before the statement, that's pretty much a no-brainer. Where our paths go different directions is on what the final outcome will be.

+1, Haven't read anything that mealy-mouthed for a while.

Really? Smh

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Also, not sure the Haggard thing was planned ... That's a little too "tin foil hat" for me, seeing he was dead wrong about the 3rd tier revenue.

LOL, high ranking people like that rarely sneeze in public without considering the ramifications. Him being wrong about the 3rd tier revenue isn't nearly as bad as Barron making factual errors in a written statement released to the press. I find it highly unlikely those errors were made by mistake. He has people on staff to make sure any prepared statements are accurate. Barron is trying to sell the illusion that FSU has not had any conversations with the Big 12, so as to avoid litigation in the future.

The Barron statement makes me more convinced they are talking, not less.

So now you're saying Barron's statement had factual errors? Can you enlighten?

FWIW, I was sure there was already discussion between FSU and the B12 before the statement, that's pretty much a no-brainer. Where our paths go different directions is on what the final outcome will be.

Said that TX got disproportionate share of B12 rev. Not true. TX only advantage TX has is in marketing their tier 3 rights which all teams in B12 have a right to do. And is another reason FSU is trying to work something out. FSU has done internal studies on the revenues that would be generated by an independent network and they came back very positive. Add another $8MM reasons to jump ship.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

+1, Haven't read anything that mealy-mouthed for a while.

Really? Smh

Well, until I got to these last few posts.

Will have to check out the issues you speak of there. Am curious to see if there is truly a chance that the buyout would be reduced as well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

Per Brian Ethridge. 10 teams have called Big XII to open dialogue. Seven of them coming from the ACC. One from Big East. One independent

Retweeted

Who is Brian Ethridge?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Retweeted

Who is Brian Ethridge?

And where did he learn to count?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Retweeted

Who is Brian Ethridge?

And where did he learn to count?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=4582&t=8989517

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

Retweeted

Who is Brian Ethridge?

http://bleacherreport.com/users/151635-brian-ethridge

Next person who passes along a Tweet from some knucklehead at BleacherReport without full disclosure gets a 10-day ban .....