• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

We're definitely getting way ahead of ourselves here - FSU's president seems to be arguing in favor of staying the ACC - see the latest statement here:

http://espn.go.com/c...n-acc-alignment

With the president of the university in favor of staying put, it's hard to fathom FSU making a move at this point.

He's just the PC mouth piece.... too many people at FSU are talking for this to not happen....

Who else is talking? Spetman hasn't said anything about meeting with them (I am curious if he really was on a plane to Dallas the other night). Haggard got his facts mixed up and has backed away from his earlier comments. Jimbo has no say in the matter, so what he thinks is irrelevant.

So who else at FSU is talking about this being a done deal? Name names or post sources, please.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

The BE interim commish should be calling Swofford and discussing a merger of the 2 remnants.

Yes!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Towards the end of his statement, he says this:

One of the few wise comments made in the blogosphere is that no one negotiates their future in the media. We can't afford to have conference affiliation be governed by emotion -- it has to be based on a careful assessment of athletics, finances and academics. I assure you that every aspect of conference affiliation will be looked at by this institution, but it must be a reasoned decision.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We're definitely getting way ahead of ourselves here - FSU's president seems to be arguing in favor of staying the ACC - see the latest statement here:

With the president of the university in favor of staying put, it's hard to fathom FSU making a move at this point.

Yeah, just like when the GM of a baseball team says they aren't going to fire the manager. That is when he knows he's in trouble.

FSU is as good as gone.

It's not like that every time. A lot of folks put a lot of stock in message board chatter and blog posts. I don't, usually. I love the speculation but I do get a kick out of those who take things to extremes.

They may very well be gone at some point, but there's no hard evidence that they are now or in the immediate future. There isn't one person on this board, or anywhere else, for that matter, that has accurately predicted the way things have turned out in realignment.

One of the few wise comments made in the blogosphere is that no one negotiates their future in the media. We can't afford to have conference affiliation be governed by emotion -- it has to be based on a careful assessment of athletics, finances and academics. I assure you that every aspect of conference affiliation will be looked at by this institution, but it must be a reasoned decision.

He should say that. Where do you get that this infers an imminent move to the Big 12?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

and now for something complpetely different. bgeast.org still has wvu on the "ribbon" of members.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

He's just the PC mouth piece.... too many people at FSU are talking for this to not happen....

Who else is talking? Spetman hasn't said anything about meeting with them (I am curious if he really was on a plane to Dallas the other night). Haggard got his facts mixed up and has backed away from his earlier comments. Jimbo has no say in the matter, so what he thinks is irrelevant.

So who else at FSU is talking about this being a done deal? Name names or post sources, please.

The person that told me this is actually a former FSU football player. He definitely knows who Spetman is, and is not the type of guy to make something like this up.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The reason Barron keeps getting trotted out is to strengthen FSUs negotiating hand. If this was just scuttlebutt, why does he keep talking? The B12 and FSU are trying to structure a deal over the buyout provisions and other fine points, but this thing is gonna happen. FSU adds at least $10-12 million annually by moving. The other B12 teams get a bump in revenue. ESPN get's to create a BB sized pkg for ACC/BE merger. ESPN can get ACC to lower buyout provision for FSU. There was a poll done on Warchant and 95 % of the fans voted for the move. BOT is all on board. Do you really think Barron is gonna stand with this finger in the dike for long?

- GAUSFBull

Georgia, you and a blogger somewhere in Gainesville are about the only ones left who DON"T think this is gonna happen.

The reason Barron keeps getting trotted out is to strengthen FSUs negotiating hand. If this was just scuttlebutt, why does he keep talking?

It's ACC meetings week and FSU to the B12 is the hot rumor. He's the president of FSU. I'm sure that's probably good reason why he's talking.

The B12 and FSU are trying to structure a deal over the buyout provisions and other fine points, but this thing is gonna happen.

Do you have a legit source other than just your gut feeling (which has been wrong before, especially in the recruiting boards)?

FSU adds at least $10-12 million annually by moving. The other B12 teams get a bump in revenue. ESPN get's to create a BB sized pkg for ACC/BE merger. ESPN can get ACC to lower buyout provision for FSU.

First I've heard of the bold parts. The difference in annual revenue that I've seen for FSU if they make the jump is $2.9M. Where are you getting the 10-12 million figure? If it's earlier in the thread, I apologize, otherwise I hope it's not too inconvenient to ask for a source.

There was a poll done on Warchant and 95 % of the fans voted for the move. BOT is all on board. Do you really think Barron is gonna stand with this finger in the dike for long?

Fan polls are irrelevant. Are you going by Haggard's words about their BOT? Again, he's backed down from his comments regarding lost revenue from 3rd tier. Did you see that faculty is adamantly opposed to the move to the B12 in the statement article I linked to above? Does that count for something?

I understand Barron is one guy, but he's a pretty important guy who has quite a say in the matter.

Georgia, you and a blogger somewhere in Gainesville are about the only ones left who DON"T think this is gonna happen.

Doesn't matter to me if I end up wrong on this - but we've all been here before, and you have certainly been wrong as well, Bill. I changed your type above to make "think" stand out, because that's all you and all of us really have at this point. I enjoy the speculation, I just feel compelled to argue the other side because no one else seems to be doing it, everyone else seems to have googly eyes hoping this happens. I hope it happens too, so maybe USF can slide into their spot, but it's still a long shot and I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He should say that. Where do you get that this infers an imminent move to the Big 12?

I don't. You said the president was arguing in favor of staying in the ACC. That is not at all how I read his entire statement.

Edited by DataBull