• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Will have to check out the issues you speak of there. Am curious to see if there is truly a chance that the buyout would be reduced as well.

Actually, Greg Swaim says that the Big 12 has offered to pay the entire $20mil. I'd be rather shocked if that is true, unless they get a big bonus on their TV contract to get FSU in.

But, while a lot of people here aren't fans of Swaim, but he's pretty much nailed all the Big 12 related items. He truly has at least one very credible source inside the B12.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Will have to check out the issues you speak of there. Am curious to see if there is truly a chance that the buyout would be reduced as well.

Actually, Greg Swaim says that the Big 12 has offered to pay the entire $20mil. I'd be rather shocked if that is true, unless they get a big bonus on their TV contract to get FSU in.

But, while a lot of people here aren't fans of Swaim, but he's pretty much nailed all the Big 12 related items. He truly has at least one very credible source inside the B12.

Don't know who Swaim is, so I can't say anything about his credibility. I'm sure they can get the current members to cough up a couple mil to bring in FSU. If that's the case, I'd lean more towards them making the jump.

So for Bill (bullwinkle) - you gave a lot of numbers earlier in thread but cited no sources - care to share? I love a good discussion but I'm not usually one to just take some random joe's word for it when it comes to numbers.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Don't know who Swaim is, so I can't say anything about his credibility. I'm sure they can get the current members to cough up a couple mil to bring in FSU. If that's the case, I'd lean more towards them making the jump.

So for Bill (bullwinkle) - you gave a lot of numbers earlier in thread but cited no sources - care to share? I love a good discussion but I'm not usually one to just take some random joe's word for it when it comes to numbers.

Probably sourced in another thread. My god it seems we have been talking about this for months. Oh, that's right we have. Am I now "Random Joe"? Maybe now i should be "Joewinkle" Pretty dismissive for someone who doesn't even know who Greg Swaim is. Perhaps you, oh one for responsibility in Journalism and Accounting can share with us the source of your credible numbers. If you were so kind, I am sure I can dig up plenty of source material which is foundational to my claim. Or are you just spouting what some random blogger who has no clue about what the B12 and ACC TV rights grant? Maybe you know more than the ACC presidents who haven't even seen contract details? Maybe you know more than B12 officials who likely haven't gotten draft contracts. Or maybe you read something on ESPN and have been parroting it here as if it is the Gospel. I hope you do realize that ESPN has a bit of a conflict of interest in reporting news relative to this matter. And again relative to my sources. I have read a dictionary of text regarding this matter. most of it is crap. One thing I realized early on is that that $3MM was a load of hooie. It doesn't take into account at least 4-5 other income sources that FSU will come to as a result of the move. It's a number thrown out by some disgruntled parties who completely missed this story and now keep trying to marginalize it.

Still waiting for your acceptance of my ticket offer. Sweet dreams.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Calm down man- its just a message board filled with passionate people...

Don't life get to you like that; it's tough enough as it is

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Links are always good. Especially when numbers like this are being thrown around

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

I am not a fan of Swaim, and believe he blows some **** out of his ass but rumor has it with FSU and another 1-3 Big Names that the Big 12 ESPN/Fox Tier 1 and 2 Contract could be close to $30 million a year with the additions, championship game, and renewal. That means each of the current Big 12 Team would pay $2 million initially towards FSU for their buyout and they would profit share like WVU the first 3-4 years prior to getting full share to cover that amount.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I am not a fan of Swaim, and believe he blows some **** out of his ass but rumor has it with FSU and another 1-3 Big Names that the Big 12 ESPN/Fox Tier 1 and 2 Contract could be close to $30 million a year with the additions, championship game, and renewal. That means each of the current Big 12 Team would pay $2 million initially towards FSU for their buyout and they would profit share like WVU the first 3-4 years prior to getting full share to cover that amount.

I'll say the same thing to you that I'll say to the people on this board who claim the BE is getting a TV contract at around 17-20 mil per team.

I just can't see it happening.

The Big 12 will pull more than the 20 they just signed for. But without giving up tier 3 rights (and they won't for obvious reasons), the Big 12 isn't jumping above the SEC and Big 10 deals. At this point we don't even know if the Big 12 is going to expand.

Quit coming on here with your stupid message board rumors.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I'll say the same thing to you that I'll say to the people on this board who claim the BE is getting a TV contract at around 17-20 mil per team.

I just can't see it happening.

The Big 12 will pull more than the 20 they just signed for. But without giving up tier 3 rights (and they won't for obvious reasons), the Big 12 isn't jumping above the SEC and Big 10 deals. At this point we don't even know if the Big 12 is going to expand.

Quit coming on here with your stupid message board rumors.

Yeah, why would anyone want to come on a message board and post message board rumors? Very disturbing!!! :slapmax:

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Links are always good. Especially when numbers like this are being thrown around

That's pretty much what I'm saying. It's really strange that it's taken basically 12-13 thread pages for someone to ask for the numbers to be verified or sourced. If I had posted any numbers, which I really haven't, I would have linked to them, instead of taking credit for someone else's hard work.

BTW, I respectfully decline the ticket offer/wager, etc. I probably shouldn't keep anyone holding their breath waiting anymore.