• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The dude abides. For any who don't know, the Dude broke this story 4 days before FSU officals starting chatting with the press.

Big 12 Expansion: The Quiet And The Storm

Clemson is the quiet one.

The decision has been made and they're Big 12 bound.

No drama at Clemson. Clemson's football staff have been notified of an impending move and they're fine with it.

If you want drama look to Tallahassee.

FSU's Board of Trustees have butted heads with the president and made their desire to exit the ACC known.

Make no mistake, Florida State wants to move, but President Eric Barron has found it very difficult to pull the trigger.

He likes the ACC, he really does. He likes being in the same conference as North Carolina and Duke (for academic reasons). He is concerned how FSU's faculty would react to move and wants them to understand that academics are a priority at FSU.

What he doesn't like is the pitiful TV contract the ACC managed to beg from ESPN.

Both Eric Barron and the Board of Trustees understand that the ACC, going forward, puts FSU at a distinct competitive disadvantage.

If you don't believe that consider that FSU will be playing for one of four playoff spots.

FSU, and schools throughout the nation, must decide if they want to contend for one of those four playoff spots and be willing to spend the money necessary to compete.

Florida State has resources and a giant athletic department budget, but so do Alabama, LSU, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma and the ramifications for FSU's continued membership in the ACC are profound.

Their peers will be receiving significantly more in television revenues each and every year. And that's why the Board of Trustees at FSU will force Barron's hand and FSU will join Clemson as new members of the Big 12.

The deal is done.

Some notes:

• The Big 12 contract maybe as much as $25 million per school and fully vested by year 3.
  • The Contract has an automatic clause triggering renegotiation with the addition of a #13th member.
  • ESPN and Fox have the advised Big 12 on who to add and further expansion (beyond 12) depends on value and who's available.
  • If the right "value-added" teams are not available the Big 12 will not expand.
  • Miami has said no. Their president plans to reduce the investment in football and worries about NCAA violations.
  • Georgia Tech is now a serious candidate for 13 and talks are progressing.onger under consideration.

http://dudeofwv.blogspot.com/

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Another FSU BOT member confirms that B12 is pursuing FSU and FSU is listening. Derrick Brooks speaks out this morning

http://www.yahoosportsradio.com/nfl/derrick-brooks-big-12-invitation-24115/

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

1. SO Pitt trying to leave for ACC or B12 ? I really thought it would be the Ville trying to leave.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The Ville has been trying to get into the B12 for over a year now, but the B12 isn't crazy about the Ville. Best hope of the Ville is that someone big wants to join and the B12 can't find someone else they like better to make it an even number of teams.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

• Miami has said no. Their president plans to reduce the investment in football and worries about NCAA violations.

This is pretty interesting, if true.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

good for them. I wish we would do the same. I was quite content with a football program competing on the 1-aa level.

I don't want USF to become a football factory. It's embarassing how much is spent on college athletics in today's world.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

:backtotopic:

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

good for them. I wish we would do the same. I was quite content with a football program competing on the 1-aa level.

I don't want USF to become a football factory. It's embarassing how much is spent on college athletics in today's world.

Make that 3 troll posts on 3 minutes in 3 separate threads. Sheesh.