• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Will have to check out the issues you speak of there. Am curious to see if there is truly a chance that the buyout would be reduced as well.

Actually, Greg Swaim says that the Big 12 has offered to pay the entire $20mil. I'd be rather shocked if that is true, unless they get a big bonus on their TV contract to get FSU in.

But, while a lot of people here aren't fans of Swaim, but he's pretty much nailed all the Big 12 related items. He truly has at least one very credible source inside the B12.

I am not a fan of Swaim, and believe he blows some **** out of his ass but rumor has it with FSU and another 1-3 Big Names that the Big 12 ESPN/Fox Tier 1 and 2 Contract could be close to $30 million a year with the additions, championship game, and renewal. That means each of the current Big 12 Team would pay $2 million initially towards FSU for their buyout and they would profit share like WVU the first 3-4 years prior to getting full share to cover that amount.

I'll say the same thing to you that I'll say to the people on this board who claim the BE is getting a TV contract at around 17-20 mil per team.

I just can't see it happening.

The Big 12 will pull more than the 20 they just signed for. But without giving up tier 3 rights (and they won't for obvious reasons), the Big 12 isn't jumping above the SEC and Big 10 deals. At this point we don't even know if the Big 12 is going to expand.

Quit coming on here with your stupid message board rumors.

Yeah, why would anyone want to come on a message board and post message board rumors? Very disturbing!!! :slapmax:

I'm sure it's the "stupid" part that Joe meant to emphasize .... ;)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Here's a source and a link for those of you who only read what you yourself write. This information is widely available. but this is a nice summary. You'll notice the author doesn't give a source for his numbers or links to them. I guess when you are big time writer for college blogs, you can just say "unnamed or industry sources" and you are covered. When you area lowly message board poster it is incumbent on you to provide the original sources, have them notarized and attested to and provide them in their entirety even after they have been discussed ad nauseam in the press.

Here goes:

But even more than Tier 3 revenue is the overall compensation FSU stands to gain when you combine its Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 TV money together in the Big 12. By the most conservative of estimates, it reaches between $22 million and $25 million per year (with FSU getting a projected $20 million from Tier 1 and Tier 2 in the Big 12 and between $2 million and $5 million for Tier 3 rights annually).

http://texas.rivals....65405&PT=4&PR=2

Now the ACC comparison numbers:

Per the contract, the full $3.6 billion will come to the Atlantic Coast Conference in an escalated formula. North Carolina State, for example, will receive $12.3 million in the first year of the deal, about $1 million more than it received in television disbursements last year.

http://www.bizjourna...ew-tv-deal.html

Now the math (no source, i done subtracted these numbers by myself)

Conservative estimate B12 $22,000,000 per year

Actual current ACC income $12,300,000 per year

Difference $9,700,000 per year

Which is what I been saying all along. This number doesn't yet include additional per team B12 revenue for a playoff which happens if they make it to 12 teams, no additional payout in the Fabulous 4 playoff system which will likely include the B12 and not the decimated ACC after the move. the $2.9 number which has been tossed about is completely disingenuous. It uses an income number which the ACC contract escalates to in 2021 vs. the current "handshake"deal that the B12 has. Granted no one has seen the actual B12 contract, but some estimate that if FSU and Clemson come on board, the per team number may rise even higher. So now that I've benefited so greatly on the back of all those who have blogged before me, I will retire to count my millions.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Let's remember we're all friends here.

Sometimes that hard to tell. :bash::D

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

:popcorn:

I hope FSU jumps and either we take their place, or there's some sort of ACC/Big East merger and were in it.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I hope FSU jumps and either we take their place, or there's some sort of ACC/Big East merger and were in it.

That would be awesome, but I think the only way we even get a look is if Miami is gone too. If FSU and someone else jumps, then they'll just add Uconn and Rutgers. We'd need all hell to break loose.

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

That would be awesome, but I think the only way we even get a look is if Miami is gone too. If FSU and someone else jumps, then they'll just add Uconn and Rutgers. We'd need all hell to break loose.

+1 :GoBulls:

It appears FSU President was backing off his denials from hours before last night. He was also trying to correct the factual errors that he made surrounding travel and B12 Tv right distribution.

http://m.tallahassee...05150315&f=1492

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Let's remember we're all friends here.

Sometimes that hard to tell. :bash::D

I'd say we are functionally distinctional

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It appears FSU President was backing off his denials from hours before last night. He was also trying to correct the factual errors that he made surrounding travel and B12 Tv right distribution.

Maybe he wasn't playing good cop. Maybe the BOT called him up today and told him to stop saying FSU is going to stay in the ACC.

Maybe he wasn't playing good cop. Maybe the BOT called him up today and told him to stop saying FSU is going to stay in the ACC.

"’Curiouser and curiouser!’ Cried Alice (she was so much surprised, that for the moment she quite forgot how to speak good English).