• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Defense for 2023 might be a sleeper

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

34 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Correction, The original poster does this every year, we aren’t any good on the field but **** he makes us look like world beaters on paper.  He knows the roster better than anyone on the board however he has a tendency to look at these guys with some very thick rose colored glasses, take his analysis with a grain of salt and a fifth of Tito’s, it makes more sense that way. 

I filled in more stats if it makes you guys feel a little better.

@bullstampede9922

Out of the 14 players listed here, 12 participated in Spring camp. So at this point, they do have some familiarity with each other. 

DE -

• Vaughn, Jason JR - 8.5 tackles for loss (-34 yards) and five sacks (-24 yards) last year
  • Jonathan Ross (Bowie State) - 3.0 tackles for loss, two sacks, and 1 quarterback hurry last year
  • Tramel Logan -5.5 tackles for loss and 0.5 sacks & 2 quarterback hurries last year
  • Derrick Harris Jr. (Texas) – 3 games played, 3 tackles, 1 TFL, and 1 sack

·         Immanuel Hickman (ECU)30 games played, 64 tackles, 13 TFLs, 4 sacks, and 1 fumble recovery

·         Lloyd Summerall (UF) - 28 games played, 15 tackles, 3 TFLs, 1.5 sacks, and 1 fumble recovery            

• Rico Watson (FSU as a walk-on/Robert Morris) - At Robert Morris, he played in 11 games and had 42 tackles, 10.5 (-42) TFLs and 5(-29) sacks, 1 forced fumble,  1   Interception, and 1 pass deflected. 

DT –

• Rashad Cheney Jr. (Minn)- 12 games played - 19 tackles and 3 TFL
  • Doug Blue-Eli (TCU) - 320 Ibs – 4 games played and 1 tackle
  • Bernard Gooden (Wake) - 12 games played, 7 tackles, 1.5 TFLs, 3 stops, and 0.5 sacks
  • Jhalin Hobbs - 308 Ibs – 0 games
  • Jacquez Williams - 308 Ibs – 0 games
  • De'Juan Sease (Allen Univ) – 10 games played, 4 tackles

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Have there been any interview or players/parents tweets that talk about how this coaching staff compares to the last one?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Have there been any interview or players/parents tweets that talk about how this coaching staff compares to the last one?

I think CCS was just so hated that the parents of previous players were so happy for a change. CJS sucked but he did kind of care about the team in his own special way. CCS seemed to have checked out. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  850
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, MSBulls said:

The things I would do to have a nasty, hard hitting, aggressive defense again. Points are all the rage these days for people but I just freaking love an old school defensive slugfest. Fun defense is greater than a fun offense to me. Gimme 24-14 over 48-35 all day, everyday

You will be in heaven if we get a B1G invite.

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,381
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, MSBulls said:

The things I would do to have a nasty, hard hitting, aggressive defense again. Points are all the rage these days for people but I just freaking love an old school defensive slugfest. Fun defense is greater than a fun offense to me. Gimme 24-14 over 48-35 all day, everyday

Hell yeah!! The high scoring games are too long & nerve wracking. Defense wins championships!! 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Correction, The original poster does this every year, we aren’t any good on the field but **** he makes us look like world beaters on paper.  He knows the roster better than anyone on the board however he has a tendency to look at these guys with some very thick rose colored glasses, take his analysis with a grain of salt and a fifth of Tito’s, it makes more sense that way. 

You've mixed your liquors.  A grain of salt and a fifth of Tequila (with lime wedge of course).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

Ok so these are the guys that get blasted off the line by the juggernaut that is Western Kentucky.

Edited by USFBULL_08
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

Let’s start by holding Western Ky under 30 points. That would be a positive start for this defense

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  850
  • Days Won:  1

OL coach posted a picture of the OL and they look like high school players. Our defense is going to need to step up this season lol.