• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Defense for 2023 might be a sleeper

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

37 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Just play aggressive is all I ask.

We were told our defense last year was going to be aggressive. Unfortunately that never happened 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  830
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, jjlovecub said:

We were told our defense last year was going to be aggressive. Unfortunately that never happened 

Our corner aggressively gave the receivers 10 yards of space on third and short all season! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

41 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

I’ve seen enough of M Hill. 

Is that the Hill you are prepared to die on?  Agreed, he is slow, skinny and couldn’t tackle his way out of a wet paper bag. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Yeah but the good news is that I do believe that coaching staff is just history at USF…

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Is that the Hill you are prepared to die on?  Agreed, he is slow, skinny and couldn’t tackle his way out of a wet paper bag. 

Good coaching can help fix most of those things…

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yeah but the good news is that I do believe that coaching staff is just history at USF…

Good coaching can help fix most of those things…

Doubt it, he simply doesn’t have the skills to play D, not aggressive, no nose for the ball, built like a chick, he needs to go fCS or possibly D2, Valdosta State could use him, and flip back to offense.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Doubt it, he simply doesn’t have the skills to play D, not aggressive, no nose for the ball, built like a chick, he needs to go fCS or possibly D2, Valdosta State could use him, and flip back to offense.

The good news is that USF should eventually have a complete team if not that is on coaching. Yeah I’m tough on coaching but fair with the players. After all they are basically the students being taught by the coaches. If players are not ready to play at this level I do believe most of that falls on the coaching staff. I’m going to keep using the Ok State head coach approach lol 

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

The good news is that USF should eventually have a complete team if not that is on coaching. Yeah I’m tough on coaching but fair with the players. After all they are basically the students being taught by the coaches. If players are not ready to play at this level I do believe most of that falls on the coaching staff. I’m going to keep using the Ok State head coach approach lol 

Can’t disagree, he was the best we had and that was on the coaches, our D line stunk which made his job impossible as well, still a scrawny chick though, that is on him. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully after next season we can process out most of the D players who can't cut it this season. These guys are on their 3rd DC, so if they still stink it ain't the coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Can’t disagree, he was the best we had and that was on the coaches, our D line stunk which made his job impossible as well, still a scrawny chick though, that is on him. 

Can’t the coaching staff get these players on some good nutrition programs? Hopefully the new coaching staff does. Im thinking about the big picture with USF having a tough defense like UConn had that wad relentless. Their offense sucked but at least their defense kept them in games. If USF gets that same coaching from our DC I think we all will be happy 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

So the USF defense goes from ASLEEP to A SLEEPER in one season?

Reaching Season 2 GIF by SHOWTIME

I often pretended to sleep while our defense was on the field the last two years so I could keep my eyes closed.

• Haha 1
  • Crying 1