• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

would you rather have had usf accepted in a power 5 or AAU?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  3

Power 5! I already graduated. What do i care about our acedemic rating 🤷‍♂️.

In all seriousness, if the AAU translates into better faculty, money, graduates/recruits, resources, etc. for the region it is clearly more valuable.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Regionalists.  It really shows.  

It's all about me (us) ....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,747

The correct answer is: P5 invite. 

And let us be clear, if Los Doce Grande were to call this afternoon with an invite, WE WOULD ACCEPT IT. Why? Because we have the means to put our raging pee-pee for UCF aside. "Eeewww...UCF is in the Big Twelve. We're too good for them. ". No. No, we're not. Didn't we go over the whole beggar-chooser paradigm in an earlier lesson? I seem to recall that.

As for the AAU invite, Yay! That's great. It's fan-****-tastic. If you're worried about not having AAU brethren to hang out with, BIg XII Kansas is a member of the AAU. Or, to save money on having to buy new patches for our uniforms, we can stay right ******* here in the AAC with Rice & Tulane - also AAU brethren.  Yay, us.! 😎

Edited by WoolyBully
text
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, tau.reanb said:

I'm gonna say AAU only because the current state of our football program is pretty bad. We're not really P5 competitive. 

We haven't been FBS competitive this program is at rock bottom now. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

And let us be clear, if Los Doce Grande were to call this afternoon with an invite, WE WOULD ACCEPT IT. Why? Because we have the means to put our raging pee-pee for UCF aside. "Eeewww...UCF is in the Big Twelve. We're too good for them. ". No. No, we're not. Didn't we go over the whole beggar-chooser paradigm in an earlier lesson? I seem to recall that.

Very few here, if there are any, realistically believe that we should turn down a B12 invite. Most, I think, are of the belief that it is the lesser of the viable P5 options, for various reasons, and would prefer an ACC/B1G. This whole beggar not being choosy argument is more based on straw than anything else. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Very few here, if there are any, realistically believe that we should turn down a B12 invite. Most, I think, are of the belief that it is the lesser of the viable P5 options, for various reasons, and would prefer an ACC/B1G. This whole beggar not being choosy argument is more based on straw than anything else. 

Right. We’re not turning down or “too good” for anything. It’s just about preference.

• Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

No brainier, P5.

AAU would have been there eventually.  They're not inviting based on who ESPN tells them to take. 

Contrast that with the P5, where the musical chairs have pretty much been taken away at this point and we're SOL (nothing within our control).

There's a 300+ million dollar gamble being played by the university that says not only can we quickly win enough to be attractive to a P5, but that a conference will have an opening for us.  And I would not want to be on the losing side of that bet, making interest payments with AAC revenue.

• Content Count:  1,166

Being a science guy, it’s not even a contest. AAU way over power 5.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

P5  no question.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728
  • Days Won:  0

If I had to choose back when both options seemed to be a pipe dream, I'd go with $5 because sports. Now that we actually have the AAU membership, however, an interesting way to reframe this question is: Would you trade the bird in the hand (AAU) for a conference upgrade today? 

• Upvote 1