• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

would you rather have had usf accepted in a power 5 or AAU?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, Brad said:

And that's why some fans have sincerely suggested just shutting it down or going to the FCS.  Hundreds, if not thousands of others have just gone on with their lives - without USF Football.

You might be inside the bubble.

I'm not jaded.  I'm just looking at what has happened to USF Football over last dozen years.  Whatever you want to call it, it's taken us in the wrong direction.  Outside of on campus facilities, we are far worse off than we have ever been.

I hope like hell we show something this season.  And build on it next season.  I'm as optimistic as ever we might get it right again.  Jaded?  No.  Realistic?  Yes.

We have failed since Leavitt. We soared in academics at the expense of the football program being neglected.  Time to change that. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

P5 by a mile.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,761
  • Days Won:  3

Listening to a different talking head today, one thing that came up was modifying how GORs get administered. As it is now, it's by conference in its entirety. In the future, you could have a GOR for football, and another completely separate for basketball. I found that interesting. This is from a discussion on the Big XII and their focus on basketball. It sounded to me like they know that the Big Two conferences are so far ahead of the rest of the pack, and pulling ever farther away, that the rest of participants might need to tweak their business model. 

I still watch college football from Thursday thru the wee small hours of Sunday morning. But, I will say that USF football is on the viewing scale: do I watch USF on ESPN3, or do I watch [any other game, same time slot], and a lot of times, it's any-other-game. This goes back to what I've said about basketball; that there is a finite number of times you're going to watch USF lose before you flip to just-gimme-the-final-score mode. 

image.png.acc5b600283cd9607bdefc89e2a64eb1.png

Edited by WoolyBully
basketball

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like I’m in bizarro world reading some of these responses. How can half of the folks on this athletics forum think an AAU membership is better than being football relevant again? 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,730
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I feel like I’m in bizarro world reading some of these responses. How can half of the folks on this athletics forum think an AAU membership is better than being football relevant again? 

Bird in the hand

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

Season 3 Yes GIF by The Office

Lapse of judgement. Forgot we were here for Athletics lately.

Edited by Sk00b

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

AAU means we bring in better applicants and makes no money for the University as a whole, but we look good to people who think academics is why a University exists.

P5 means we bring in more applicants and makes no money for the University as a whole (but we make a **** ton and put that right back into things like a weight room and a video game room), but we look good to people who think football is why a University exists. 

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

26 minutes ago, JTrue said:

AAU means we bring in better applicants and makes no money for the University as a whole, but we look good to people who think academics is why a University exists.

P5 means we bring in more applicants and makes no money for the University as a whole (but we make a **** ton and put that right back into things like a weight room and a video game room), but we look good to people who think football is why a University exists. 

Which brings more excitement for the local community , USF fans, USF students, and USF alumni beating top programs in college football or being an AAU membeR? Maybe we can hang an AAU member banner in the IPF with all of the wins we have been racking up under AD MK in football and basketball.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

Because some have degrees so there is a recognition of both aspects.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,375
  • Days Won:  10

AAU membership, by far.  I love the athletics but my USF degree helped to get me back in the workforce after becoming disabled.  USF Football didn't do that for me.

• Upvote 1