• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

would you rather have had usf accepted in a power 5 or AAU?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, TallyBull said:

I would think that improved competition/match ups and better television options would qualify as benefits to the average fan? But maybe I'm misunderstanding your point. 

The better tv options would definitely be a benefit, better to follow your Bulls as a diehard ....... I guess my point is kind of hard to get across but what benefits do Rutgers fans reap now that they're a P5? The school's athletic department definitely has reaped financially but what's the individual fan get just because they got the invite?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The better tv options would definitely be a benefit, better to follow your Bulls as a diehard ....... I guess my point is kind of hard to get across but what benefits do Rutgers fans reap now that they're a P5? The school's athletic department definitely has reaped financially but what's the individual fan get just because they got the invite?

It's a good point and one reason why I think it's way more important to just win against the teams you play than complain about not playing the teams you want to play. At this point, winning a national championship is a pipe dream reserved for only a handful of top-tier SEC and B1G teams. Holds true for most teams in P5 conferences (consider Vanderbilt, Duke, Wake Forest, etc.). If the point of playing P5 teams is to beat them and get into the national championship discussions, then... ?

Edited by TallyBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

25 minutes ago, Triple B said:

:rolleyes: ..... I thought it was pretty self explanatory. I guess i was wrong ....... maybe the word "benefit' is a sticking point?

Think phrase "mental health benefits"...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,032
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I totally understand the point. However, if Rutgers had any measure of success since they had joined the Big 10, the fans would feel better regarding themselves and their team compared to their Big East days. One can fall flat on their face; Rutgers (perhaps West Virginia), or they can adapt to the increase in level of competition and accomplish great things ( TCU, and perhaps Pitt).

When we make the move up lets be like Pitt and TCU. I don't buy that if we move up we wont able to compete. Our best, most accomplished days where back in the Big East.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,395
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

I totally understand the point. However, if Rutgers had any measure of success since they had joined the Big 10, the fans would feel better regarding themselves and their team compared to their Big East days. One can fall flat on their face; Rutgers (perhaps West Virginia), or they can adapt to the increase in level of competition and accomplish great things ( TCU, and perhaps Pitt).

When we make the move up lets be like Pitt and TCU. I don't buy that if we move up we wont able to compete. Our best, most accomplished days where back in the Big East.

Exactly. Rutgers & WVU days were in the Big East. Now I’m being honest, I have barely heard anything about them. Hope the money was worth being stuck in the shadows…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

Per the OP question:

For entertainment purposes perhaps being P5 might make a difference, I'm not sure though.

For the greater good of the University, future alumni and community, I would rather have the AAU designation.

In the long run, I don't think either will make a significant difference in my life.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I think beating or upsetting a big ten program like Ohio st, Michigan,  Wisconsin, and others would feel better than getting your one fbs win against temple. Hopefully  we see more wins against powerhouse programs like Rice, North texas,Tulsa, uab, navy, ecu, and a few others no one cares about other than AAC blowhards.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

angry youtube GIF by Hyper RPG

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Brad said:

angry youtube GIF by Hyper RPG

Just speaking facts the aac  is not  a good conference and we are at the bottom  of it. Time to win or fire ad mk.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

And what sweet benefit would you, as a fan, reap just by getting a P5 invite?

That there’s actually a compelling reason to watch my alma mater and continue going to games played against recognizable competition. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1