• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

would you rather have had usf accepted in a power 5 or AAU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

45 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

As far as getting into the playoffs yes, that being said the Money each program gets from media contracts will be vastly different between P5 and the minor leagues. That will make it much harder to compete with the big boys. 

I think that conferences will go to a split revenue payout like the ACC has suggested to keep FSU and Clemson. I think the top of conferences will get more money while the bottom get less. the big boys won't be carrying the water for the small guys anymore.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

9 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

the big boys won't be carrying the water for the small guys anymore.

We need water!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, Brad said:

And that's why some fans have sincerely suggested just shutting it down or going to the FCS.  Hundreds, if not thousands of others have just gone on with their lives - without USF Football.

You might be inside the bubble.

I'm not jaded.  I'm just looking at what has happened to USF Football over last dozen years.  Whatever you want to call it, it's taken us in the wrong direction.  Outside of on campus facilities, we are far worse off than we have ever been.

I hope like hell we show something this season.  And build on it next season.  I'm as optimistic as ever we might get it right again.  Jaded?  No.  Realistic?  Yes.

Last dozen years don't mean **** .

You said:

17 hours ago, Brad said:

Now, we need to decide if athletics is really our thing.  It hasn’t appeared so, lately.   

To pretty much everyone, except a cult living in the past, lately it appears that we're making a concerted effort to make Athletics "our thing". Starts with facilities, which is the easy part and then finding the right coaches to get **** done ..... the hard part.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

"Lately" can span time, including the present.  But I'll give it to you, Trip.  If you think we have fully embraced the desire and have the will to be a successful football program so be it.  We'll just need to see the results to consider you "correct".  Because if we have the will and commitment and can't do it, I think you might come to agreement on why failure continues.  Now, before you besmirch my reputation, I am a regular donor and ticket buyer.  I hope we sit back in the next year or two and remark on the incredible strides (forward) this program has made.  We'll all be happier.

I might also add that college football is becoming less attractive to me.  I think CFB itself has made it harder to embrace.  I'm not sure it makes good business sense for an increasing number of programs but we'll see.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ThisIsAAUsome said:

How so? I believe when the ACC GOR expires in 2036 than we'll get our invite into the ACC. I cannot realistically see the SEC or B1G. The PAC 12 is too far away geographically. The Big 12 will probably prefer whatever is left of the ACC after the SEC and B1G take what they want. That should open up enough spots in the ACC for us. Can't see that happening until the ACC GOR expires. 

Your first post seemed a bit suspect ....

On 6/1/2023 at 1:05 PM, ThisIsAAUsome said:

This has got to be another way of our admins saying we are going to the B1G without publicly saying it.

.... but we'll see.

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

"Lately" can span time, including the present.  But I'll give it to you, Trip.  If you think we have fully embraced the desire and have the will to be a successful football program so be it.  We'll just need to see the results to consider you "correct".  Because if we have the will and commitment and can't do it, I think you might come to agreement on why failure continues. 

I'm not saying just because they've embraced Athletics that it'll be successful but what more can they, as an administration, do to show that they're committed?? It still though, as it always has been, boils down to getting the right coaches and that's never been, and never will be, an exact science.

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

Now, before you besmirch my reputation, I am a regular donor and ticket buyer. 

Your unwavering support through what have been more than trying times for you would never allow me to besmirch your reputation .........

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

AAU membership is far more important to me. I have two USF degrees so I'm very biased.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm not saying just because they've embraced Athletics that it'll be successful but what more can they, as an administration, do to show that they're committed?? It still though, as it always has been, boils down to getting the right coaches and that's never been, and never will be, an exact science.

Your unwavering support through what have been more than trying times for you would never allow me to besmirch your reputation .........

I think the commitment is there. However, when it comes to both our coaching hires they were a bit lackluster in my opinion. They are as far of a sure thing one can get, and I would have preferred us to spend big money on coaching as well to get bigger name hires. I think a more established, proven coach would have increased  our chances of success. However, I do think Kelly tried, but just wasn't able to convince his first choices to come here.

Now having said that both hires can be successful; they are just coming in with a lot to prove.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

I might also add that college football is becoming less attractive to me.  I think CFB itself has made it harder to embrace.  I'm not sure it makes good business sense for an increasing number of programs but we'll see.

This has been a doomer pill for me.  I also speak regularly with SEC folk that think all is well because UGA keeps winning.  Just a matter of perspective I guess!

That being said, this was my favorite sport and it's kinda lame now.  I would wake up early and watch pre- game hype all the way until PAC-whatever was done, and watch the roundup shows.  Now I barely watch because it feels like USF is playing in a different sport (not connected).  But I watch my USF games at least and maybe an interesting AAC game here and there.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Well, then maybe it's just the lack of "know-how".  Maybe it's the culture.  Maybe it's the drive.  Maybe we suck at hiring.  Or maybe it's just not our thing.  

If success relies on "hitting on the right coaches every 3-5 years" (we've had this discussion here before) it certainly ain't my thing.  That's like riding a bike knowing you're going to fall off every 5th pedal.  **** it.  Do something else.  Skateboard.