• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

5 Year Average Football Attendance

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,442
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:
12 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Increasingly, empty stadiums are becoming more the norm across college football for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the growing Haves vs. Have Nots gap.  Combine this with the Bulls pitiful performance in recent years and you are going to have trouble consistently drawing anything other than flies no matter where the games are played.

TV is doing its very best to destroy the fan experience. Haves vs. have nots - they created. Ending geographic rivalry games - they created. Games on weeknights - they created. Scorching noon kickoffs in Florida in September - they created.

Yea, verily, the TV Gods giveth the success of college football and then they taketh away.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

19 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Yea, verily, the TV Gods giveth the success of college football and then they taketh away.

The TV gods are actually demons. 🙏 

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,636
  • Days Won:  6

Bottom line is that after all our observations of our poor attendance we suprisingly are #2 in the new AAC.  Not saying a lot for our conference for the next few years.  I do agree winning cures all ills.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

The catch22 is that we can't get back to meaningful games without consistent fan attendance now.

These two are completely unrelated.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,752
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

we're back to recent attendance being counted as tickets sold, distributed and given away

Well, let's ponder this for a moment. 

When you drive your shiny new car off the lot, I don't care if you make payments or get repo'd. Why? Because I've collected and it's the finance company that has to deal with delinquency. It's a sale, I made my quota, and I'll be getting my bonus. The same applies to what we refer to, euphemistically, as "attendance". Once you buy your ticket, it doesn't matter whether you trip the turnstile or not. Revenue - which makes the machine run - has been collected. I used to look at all those empty premium seats at the Sun Dome and think about the donors who spent money on those seats and never come to games. I'd be willing to bet folding green that everyone uses the sold/dist metric rather than the turnstile metric.  And if we're all using the same metric, that means we're all on the same page, we all understand one another...monty python wink GIF 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Quite impressive considering how horrible the product on field has been.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Well, let's ponder this for a moment. 

When you drive your shiny new car off the lot, I don't care if you make payments or get repo'd. Why? Because I've collected and it's the finance company that has to deal with delinquency. It's a sale, I made my quota, and I'll be getting my bonus. The same applies to what we refer to, euphemistically, as "attendance". Once you buy your ticket, it doesn't matter whether you trip the turnstile or not. Revenue - which makes the machine run - has been collected. I used to look at all those empty premium seats at the Sun Dome and think about the donors who spent money on those seats and never come to games. I'd be willing to bet folding green that everyone uses the sold/dist metric rather than the turnstile metric.  And if we're all using the same metric, that means we're all on the same page, we all understand one another...monty python wink GIF 

Largely agree but the rub seems to me that USF can give away a lot more tickets than most others, playing at 65k seat Ray Jay. Seems like any easy and obvious way to inflate numbers (I.e. just give away thousands of free tickets every game). Does anyone actually think USF has better average attendance than say nationally prominent Cincinnati who had 22k season ticket holders (as of 2021). According to this list we do (#67 vs #64).

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,114
  • Days Won:  56

Win some games and let’s see. It’s amazing anyone shows up these days. The fact that they are bodes well.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

43 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Does anyone actually think USF has better average attendance than say nationally prominent Cincinnati who had 22k season ticket holders (as of 2021). According to this list we do (#67 vs #64).

Yes, enough to write about it. Or no, but throwing dung against the wall just to see what sticks. IT'S THE OFF-SEASON!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, WoolyBully said:

I used to look at all those empty premium seats at the Sun Dome and think about the donors who spent money on those seats and never come to games. I'd be willing to bet folding green that everyone uses the sold/dist metric rather than the turnstile metric.  And if we're all using the same metric, that means we're all on the same page, we all understand one another..

That used to bug the **** out of me back then when trying to upgrade seats ......