• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

5 Year Average Football Attendance

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,636
  • Days Won:  6

I know attendance is being discussed in a couple other threads.  Last 5 year average attendance has us at #64.  I know that's been skewed by a couple big name opponents, but in the top 48% of FBS.  And we're #2 in the new AAC.

GO BULLS!

USATSI_19239658-2.jpg?w=640

College football attendance rankings. CFN’s five-year analysis of the attendance ranking all 133 current college programs.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Days Won:  12

Awesome to see. We need to keep that up. We cannot as fans control bad coaching but this we can control a little more. 

With that being said, USF cannot ask fans to shell out $20 for parking, $50 for tickets, $40 for food/bevs, etc... PER GAME, to see 1 FBS win in 3 years. 

I know I am beating a dead horse here but VPMK/Coach A need to be laser focused on helping this team win football games on the field, not on powerpoints. 

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

So attendance is not a prerequisite to getting called up to P5.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

We consistently had really good attendance when we played meaningful games in the Big East. 

The catch22 is that we can't get back to meaningful games without consistent fan attendance now.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

16 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

We consistently had really good attendance when we played meaningful games in the Big East. 

The catch22 is that we can't get back to meaningful games without consistent fan attendance now.

This shows a 5 yr avg. Better than Houston or Cincy. I wonder what our average was during the BE days

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

I guess if enough websites post it, it must be true. I won’t repeat my comments from the other thread but I’ll continue to believe my lying eyes that attendance is well below those figures. 

Here were other reported average attendance numbers per the Oracle which feel more accurate to me…

A8A5FC47-709F-4E9C-BD28-CA7A3AB33670.jpeg

• Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,636
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I guess if enough websites post it, it must be true. I won’t repeat my comments from the other thread but I’ll continue to believe my lying eyes that attendance is well below those figures. 

I don't disagree with your lying eyes, but we're back to recent attendance being counted as tickets sold, distributed and given away which includes a huge percentage of no shows.  Also, the last few years, at least 1,000 people just stay in the club the entire game which is less butts in seats outside.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

Yep, it’s all about how you define your data set. The only metric as a fan I care about is # of folks walking through gate and I’d bet my house that isn’t close to 30k on average. Now does any of this really matter - not really - except to make an honest assessment of the state of the program. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,440
  • Days Won:  19

Increasingly, empty stadiums are becoming more the norm across college football for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the growing Haves vs. Have Nots gap.  Combine this with the Bulls pitiful performance in recent years and you are going to have trouble consistently drawing anything other than flies no matter where the games are played.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

8 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Increasingly, empty stadiums are becoming more the norm across college football for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the growing Haves vs. Have Nots gap.  Combine this with the Bulls pitiful performance in recent years and you are going to have trouble consistently drawing anything other than flies no matter where the games are played.

TV is doing its very best to destroy the fan experience. Haves vs. have nots - they created. Ending geographic rivalry games - they created. Games on weeknights - they created. Scorching noon kickoffs in Florida in September - they created.

• Upvote 4