• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Gerry out, let's look at our options at QB

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,590
  • Days Won:  424

43 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Brown is #3 . . . he's dressed for games and was in early during Spring.

I think we need to play him. We'll of had two weeks to prepare a game plan for Houston. Expecting Marsh to start at Houston and hope Brown is ready.

Our goal should not be to see we expect to start next year, but who will help us win the remaining games on the schedule.

Next two games on the road.

Play him in only 4 games unless it's a necessity in the 5th one ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

Brown definitely seems like the QB of the future. Sucks we have all this awesome young talent on offense that we'd potentially lose by firing CJS - though it's well-deserved at this point.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I would start Marsh and if they need a backup let Gunnar or Smith play. Now if Marsh looks amazing let him finish out the season.  If he stinks it up let Brown get his 4 games so we can still redshirt him.

Some want to write Marsh off...he has slowly improved since that horrible start he had vs Cincy In 2020. Looked better than Timmy in spring game also.

With Brown you likely could run same offense as with GB. With Marsh less qb runs...maybe more deep passes. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I would start Marsh and if they need a backup let Gunnar or Smith play. Now if Marsh looks amazing let him finish out the season.  If he stinks it up let Brown get his 4 games so we can still redshirt him.

Some want to write Marsh off...he has slowly improved since that horrible start he had vs Cincy In 2020. Looked better than Timmy in spring game also.

With Brown you likely could run same offense as with GB. With Marsh less qb runs...maybe more deep passes. 

He was 7/15 for 150 yds and 2 Tds in the Tulane game. I can't write him off yet either. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,347
  • Days Won:  5

Needs to be better than 650 in passsing to be effective.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,425
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He was 7/15 for 150 yds and 2 Tds in the Tulane game. I can't write him off yet either. 

2TDS and 0 ZERO INTS in say 1.5 Quarters has more potential than 6passing tds and 6 interceptions in 6.5+ Games. I can't say he is better  or worse yet but he did not turn the ball over . He looked better this year than his other two.  He stayed here and earned his shot.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

12 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Do we have an official depth chart or do we not publish one so we don't hurt someone's feelings? 

I post it every game.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,355
  • Days Won:  8

11 hours ago, E.T. said:

. . . Expecting Marsh to start at Houston and hope Brown is ready.

Our goal should not be to see we expect to start next year, but who will help us win the remaining games on the schedule. . . 

8 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

. . . Some want to write Marsh off...he has slowly improved since that horrible start he had vs Cincy In 2020. Looked better than Timmy in spring game also. . .

Never thought that I would say this, but I hope he plays Marsh

We have thrown too many freshman QBs to the wolves the past few years, so better to save Brown and Smith IMO

Whomever Scott goes with, I hope two things happen:

1) Trickett puts together a game plan that suits that specific QBs abilities 

2) Scott sticks with one and we do not get into another musical QB rotation 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

12 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Do we have an official depth chart or do we not publish one so we don't hurt someone's feelings?  Where do they sit on the depth chart?  At this point in the season, I would hope that will tell us who is up next.  Clearly Marsh is 2 but who is 3?

Depth charts are going away.  People need to get that through their heads.  There is no reason to post a depth chart.  From a coaching perspective, why give opponents any unnecessary information on your team.  

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

2TDS and 0 ZERO INTS in say 1.5 Quarters has more potential than 6passing tds and 6 interceptions in 6.5+ Games. I can't say he is better  or worse yet but he did not turn the ball over . He looked better this year than his other two.  He stayed here and earned his shot.

Except he's not a good threat running the ball.  Bohanon was a major threat running and had nearly 400 yards rushing in a little over 6 games.  Huge difference.