• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Gerry out, let's look at our options at QB

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,529
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, BDYZR said:

Marsh played a hell of a lot better in his first game than GB did.

He did play better in his first game this year than GB. I think he started a few here before because of injuries or he came in relief because of Injuries. Interesting fact the only qb to ever beat aa fbs team for Jeff Scott transfered  to ucf.

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

You missed the point.  

Blackwell,  flowers,  and grothe were mobile quarterbacks. All 3 of them won games with their arm and legs.  They produced and took down some big programs.  I am not going to put down a player but there is a reason he has no business to be compared to those 3 usf players . Barnett had better rushing an passing stats. He also had more wins but he shouldn't  be mentioned with the other 3.

Just now, Brad said:

Don’t you think there’d be good reason for that?Don’t you think there’d be good reason for that?

Trickett perhaps 🤔 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

You’re absolutely ******* hopeless.  

• Haha 1

I mean marsh struggled with cjs and Weiss Jr as oc. He looked his best with trickett as oc and Scott hc. I would say if  anyone coached marsh up with the offense and oc it would be the new oc Trickett. The sample space  is extremely small so hard to say.

As to the other point you don't see Gator fans putting Driscoll or ar15 on a list with Tebow or Chris leak because they could were mobile and could pass.  You got to earn the right to be on a list with Blackwell, Grothe, Daniels, and Flowers. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

I guess I'm a little confused. Exactly how many games did we win this year with a running QB? Or last year for that matter?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,409
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

The defense I don’t think they will come alive yet this season although I like seeing the INTs made and sacks. Just need to put the 3rd down defense together

The have been doing better on 3rd downs. Its the big plays and end of the game that we have to work on. They just can't make it the distance. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

If you say so. We had a lot of quick TDs with Quinton Flowers throwing slants and screens on time that went the distance - and while a dunk is efficient, if that’s the extent of your offensive game, you’ll never score more than 4-6 points per game. We obviously have differing philosophies, but it’s hard to argue with USF’s history. We’ve never won with any consistency with a strong-armed, immobile QB, but we’ve won a lot with guys who could do things with their legs AND arms. That’s not really arguable.

That doesnt mean we cant win with a passing QB. Im not even saying one is better than the other. I prefer a running QB. But that's USF's problem l, is that people are too stuck on the past. That is why we are cursed. What worked in the past is irrelevant b/c it was a different coach and team. Figure out how 2 win with what you currently have. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,409
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

That doesnt mean we cant win with a passing QB. Im not even saying one is better than the other. I prefer a running QB. But that's USF's problem l, is that people are too stuck on the past. That is why we are cursed. What worked in the past is irrelevant b/c it was a different coach and team. Figure out how 2 win with what you currently have. 

Hasn't he tried a good five different QBs? I think he has all the styles covered at this point. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Pat Julmiste didn’t get drafted?

FA Rookie Camp Invite with the Bucs IIRC

If you are going to bring up Julmiste, then you have to mention the Little Engine that Could in Brian Fisher:1397_metal_tone3:

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

31 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

The have been doing better on 3rd downs. Its the big plays and end of the game that we have to work on. They just can't make it the distance. 

Good! Because when we start seeing an average or better defense I believe we will start winning. Think we are all just waiting on the defense to hold teams to around 14 or less points per game