• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Gerry out, let's look at our options at QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

Man having GB out is heartbreaking. I figure this year we will have a chance to evaluate the other QBs. Here is what we are working with. I am giving no opinions nor am I trying to debate anybody. I'm just presenting our options. My favorite QB is Brown, but I LOVE Katravious Marsh's arm and feel if we play him, then we need to switch to a more passing style of offense. In his highlights it shows that he is a good straight runner. As long as he holds on to the ball and just stick with running a straight line, I can live with his scrambling ability.  It's going to take a miracle to win anymore games or make a bowl game, but if it happens it will be one of these guys or maybe 2. 

1. Katravious Marsh: Senior Season 2020 – 11 games, 1200 passing yds, 15tds and 1 interceptions. Rushing – 27yds for 2 TDs

Highlights - 

9084775.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=150:200,offs

Full season (STATE CHAMPS)

Byrum Brown: This guy is my favorite QB. His senior season he had 3000 passing yards, 1100 rushing yards, 43 passing TDs/13 rushing Tds and only 4 ints. This guy had video game stats. 

Highlights - 

image.png.468fa8003a6ddf2231c03993707cbe2f.png

Gunner Smith:  This guy can throw and run pretty well. A bit skinny, but great arm and is quick. He passed for  2,180 yards and 22 touchdowns with nine interceptions for 10-2 team his senior season.

Highlights - 

ca600e67_720.jpg?v=19D40CFCBFADD908

Gunnar Smith 2022 QB Senior Season

Jordan Smith - His senior season he  passed for 2,665 yards and 27 touchdowns, and rushed for 316 yards and five touchdowns. He is probably our best option if we were to run a wildcat type of offense. He is probably our best "runner"  as a QB. 

a6bf394b_720.jpg?v=0155673FA177D708

#11 Senior Szn Mix

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,425
  • Days Won:  25

Hopefully of them steps up and we find our future qb. What do you  think about Gunnar Smith? We have had a lot of qb transfers in and out under Scott. It feels like qb musical chairs.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

Tampabay.com should hire Gatorbull as a freelancer.  :1397_metal_tone3:

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

Do we have an official depth chart or do we not publish one so we don't hurt someone's feelings?  Where do they sit on the depth chart?  At this point in the season, I would hope that will tell us who is up next.  Clearly Marsh is 2 but who is 3?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Hopefully of them steps up and we find our future qb. What do you  think about Gunnar Smith? We have had a lot of qb transfers in and out under Scott. It feels like qb musical chairs.

He seems to REALLY like  USF, so I think he fights for the job. He is probably our 2nd best passer from the clips I saw and our 2nd best running QB. GB is fast and tough, but Gunnar has that "elusive" style of running. 

3 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Do we have an official depth chart or do we not publish one so we don't hurt someone's feelings?  Where do they sit on the depth chart?  At this point in the season, I would hope that will tell us who is up next.  Clearly Marsh is 2 but who is 3?

I think how I have it in order is the depth chart. Unless Jordan Smith is higher up that Gunnar, this is the unofficial depth chart. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Clearly Marsh is 2 but who is 3?

Based on the last preseason scrimmage, it would appear to be BB ...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Based on the last preseason scrimmage, it would appear to be BB ...

Man time flies when you are having fun (or hoping to have fun). 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

Marsh has shown enough...I think we need to move on to Brown...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,596
  • Days Won:  29

Brown is #3 . . . he's dressed for games and was in early during Spring.

I think we need to play him. We'll of had two weeks to prepare a game plan for Houston. Expecting Marsh to start at Houston and hope Brown is ready.

Our goal should not be to see we expect to start next year, but who will help us win the remaining games on the schedule.

Next two games on the road.

• Upvote 2