• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Gerry out, let's look at our options at QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

2TDS and 0 ZERO INTS in say 1.5 Quarters has more potential than 6passing tds and 6 interceptions in 6.5+ Games. I can't say he is better  or worse yet but he did not turn the ball over . He looked better this year than his other two.  He stayed here and earned his shot.

I thought he had a catastrophic fumble on the 15.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,425
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I thought he had a catastrophic fumble on the 15.

He did but GB had some key fumbles as well that cost us drives. I was talking passing alone. I am not saying a fumble or interception is better or worse. They both turn the ball over. I was just talking about passing. His passing stat line for 1+ quarters warranted him a chance to be the driver of the offense.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

i wouldnt play marsh.play brown.

1 minute ago, smazza said:

It sounds like we need to play him for one game at least for redshirt implications?  If they believe he is the next man up then he should probably get a fair shake with 1st team reps and see what happens.  My only critique is that we have never been that kind of offense and we don't have the targets to throw to.  I imagine teams will crash the line and overwhelm us unless we can get some razzle dazzle on the running game running lateral sweeps and such to keep the defense on their toes so we can hit over the top.  We do have a good OL though...

In theory, we have 2 weeks to practice some new plays?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, smazza said:

Exactly.  Brown can be the present and the  future here.  Marsh is not the player we need at the qb position. 

13 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

If we’re not playing to win I would hope they fire everybody associated with USF football.

Let's hire Herm Edwards to come in and explain it.  He is available.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

Let's hire Herm Edwards to come in and explain it.  He is available.

anytime someone even merely jokes about hiring herm edwards I physically cringe 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Marsh has earned his shot to go first.  If he bombs out go with someone else.  He had some nice throws vs. Tulane.  He led the offense to 17 points in the second half vs. a good defense.  

I'm not saying he played well.  Obviously, he had the costly turnover, which essentially handed Tulane the game, but he played well enough to give him the first crack.  He has a great arm.  He just does.  He's much less of a running threat, but I personally would like to see what he can do for a complete game.  He may have grown a lot since last year and the year before.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,425
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Marsh has earned his shot to go first.  If he bombs out go with someone else.  He had some nice throws vs. Tulane.  He led the offense to 17 points in the second half vs. a good defense.  

I'm not saying he played well.  Obviously, he had the costly turnover, which essentially handed Tulane the game, but he played well enough to give him the first crack.  He has a great arm.  He just does.  He's much less of a running threat, but I personally would like to see what he can do for a complete game.  He may have grown a lot since last year and the year before.  

My take exactly. If he fails let Gunnar and byrum get their chances. They can each play in 4 games and keep their redshirt.