• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football 2022 season comparison to 2021. (We actually have improved)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

Cool.  Thanks for putting that all together.  Despite the L, I really enjoyed watching the Cincy game.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

The morale victory games are certainly better, but still wildly inconsistent. Actually felt like we could beat Cincy and UF. Last year people we're excited after Houston, BYU, and Cincy but it never really felt like we could win it in the 4th quarter.

We have come out flat in games with flat atmospheres. The only 2 sellout games are the ones where we looked good. Wouldn't be out of the question for a packed house to really motivate the players, not an excuse but certainly pumps up the adrenaline. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Cool.  Thanks for putting that all together.  Despite the L, I really enjoyed watching the Cincy game.

I can't lie, the Cincinnati game is probably the best feeling i've had emotionally after a USF game in like 3 years. That was hands down our most complete game since CJS has been here.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

It's fun to go to the data and check out the comparison.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Thank you for this. I'm glad the eye test has some facts to back it up. I feel bad about losing, but last year I honestly couldn't watch most games all the way through. This year,  I'm always hopeful that SOMETHING positive will happen. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

More interesting facts -

1. Cincy had 11 sacks against Tulsa and 0 against us. On another note, if Tulsa allowed 11 sacks in one game, is there a weak point we can exploit?
  2. Cincy's rush defense is ranked 44th and they are holding teams to 126 yds per game. We ran on them for 224.
  3. Their offense averages 38.2 points a game and we held them to 28pts...of course the offense helped. 

• Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

we held them to 28pts...of course the offense helped. 

Yeah I think the offense helping is the key to all things this season.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,423
  • Days Won:  25

Small progress  that has yielded  zero gains on the field in the win column. Hopefully that changes. We looked competitive in 2/6 games this year. Howard We didn't straight strong and had to go athlete versus athlete running game to pull away. We have zero fbs wins this season. We got blown out by bad teams lole ecu and Louisville. The only way we will know if we made any real progress is this week versus Tulane. If we can turn a corner and win. If we look like we did versus ecu and Louisville  then we hade no progress. Hopefully we go  on a win streak for the first time under Scott in fbs football and we can qll finally scream "were going streaking."

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,872
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I can't lie, the Cincinnati game is probably the best feeling i've had emotionally after a USF game in like 3 years. That was hands down our most complete game since CJS has been here.

Best feeling in 3 years and it was from a loss, that statement alone shows how freakin pathetic this team has been.  In all honesty, the Cincy game was fun but did any of you actually believe we were going to win the game?  When we lost it was not that bad because you knew we were not going to win, we lose games and that is what we do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3