• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football 2022 season comparison to 2021. (We actually have improved)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

That is all I've been saying about the defense. We are accumulating plenty of Sacks and TFLs, but it's all in vain if we can't make a 3rd down stop or stop the big plays. To me it's more mental for the players and on the coaches to call the right plays. The secondary has been the biggest disappointment. We ran Bentlee Sanders off the team and he is balling at Nevada and leads CFB with the most interceptions. 

That's what the bummer is.  The O and D lines are really good it seems.  I can't think of the last time that happened.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, Rocky Style said:

That's what the bummer is.  The O and D lines are really good it seems.  I can't think of the last time that happened.  

I hope nobody attacks me for posting this but I just noticed something from the Cincy game. We actually did pretty good on third downs vs. Cincy. I probably jinxed this progress by mentioning it. I sometimes feel like I bring this team bad luck lol

image.png.2bbed11d440f540fa29e41f1fe3d2be9.png

19 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I hope nobody attacks me for posting this but I just noticed something from the Cincy game. We actually did pretty good on third downs vs. Cincy. I probably jinxed this progress by mentioning it. I sometimes feel like I bring this team bad luck lol

Seems like objective facts!  I don't believe in jinx.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

22 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

This season has been rough, but I wanted to look at some of our numbers to see where we stand as a team right now compared to last year. Believe it or not, there is a lot of improvement from last year. Unfortunately, a rough schedule and a few missed opportunities have hurt us. We have 6 games left in this season. I’m hoping these improvements I highlighted will lead to finishing this season in a bowl game or at least with 4-5 wins. It’s kind of crazy thinking that we could have been 3-2 right now.

Remaining Games:

1.       TULANE 

2.       HOUSTON

3.       TEMPLE

4.       SMU

5.       Tulsa

6.       Micky Mouse University

Notes:

1.       Offensive line - Cincy leads the nation in sacks, and we heldthem to ZERO sacks for the game. This was w/o Donovan Jennings. I shall say it again, Demontrey Jacobs and at least 2 other offensive linemen will be in the NFL next year.  We held Howard, UF and Cinci to 0 sacks. BYU & ECU only had 1. 

2.       Defense – We are on pace to TRIPLE our output from last year, which is not much, but it’s still improvement. Like I’ve been saying, we need to limit big plays & improve our 3rd down defense and we will be ok.

3.       Offense – We are on track for a slight improvement at this point. If we have another game like Louisville, then we might actually have worse stats when it is all said and done.

Defense:

·         (2021) – In 12 games we had 9 Sacks, 49 TFLs, 10 INTs, 6 fumble recoveries for the entire season.

·         (2022) - 6 games: 9 Sacks, 39 TFLs, 6 INTs, and 4 fumble recoveries

Offense:

1.       Scoring –

a.       (2021) - 12 games: 278pts total @ 23Pts per game

b.       (2022)6 games/146 total @ 24pts per game

2.       Passing –

a.       (2021) - 12 games: 1909, 6tds, 12 INTs. (In 11 games Timmy had 5tds and 7 ints and threw for 1888 for the year.)

b.       (2022)6 games: 1009yds, 5TDs & 6 INTs. (Gerry has 5tds & 6INTS & 961 passing yds)

3.       Rushing -

a.       (2021) - In 12 games we had 2262yds @ 3.9 yds per carry and 25 rushing TDs

b.       (2022) 6 games: 1199yds @ 5.1 yds per carry and 13 rushing TDs

4.       Offensive Line:

a.       (2021) - In 12 games we gave up 24 sacks & 74 TFLs for a lost of 311yds

b.       (2022) 6 games: 5 sacks & 31 TFLs.

this might be used to justify another contract extension

2 minutes ago, smazza said:

this might be used to justify another contract extension

I think that's why this post upset a few people lol I'm not advocating for CJS. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the difference in winning and losing close games in football is the ability to make the plays when they matter most and usf   hasnt be able to do that. we dont have playmakers.

playmakers have talent but talented players may not be playmakers

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, smazza said:

the difference in winning and losing close games in football is the ability to make the plays when they matter most and usf   hasn't be able to do that. we don't have playmakers.

playmakers have talent but talented players may not be playmakers

I agree. It's like we are always a few plays short of winning a game. I swear we lost several games not being able to pick up 1 yard or stopping somebody on 3rd down.  

12 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I agree. It's like we are always a few plays short of winning a game. I swear we lost several games not being able to pick up 1 yard or stopping somebody on 3rd down.  

Yeah people say games don't come down to one play, but they kinda do.  With these good teams you are just hoping to be there with a chance to win at the end, and then that's when you have to make the one play.  Then the momentum builds and you get the benefit from it...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't believe in jinx.

You obviously have not been around to witness my impact on sporting events.

No Way Omg GIF by Catholic Connect

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,529
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

We currently have amazing talent on offense. Battie and Horn (and this o-line) might be some of the most naturally gifted offensive players to have put on a USF jersey.

If only we had a 3rd down defense or just tackling defensive talent in the secondary, this team would not be that big of a joke. I am rooting for CJS to find a way to motivate the defense to play beyond their capabilities, it actually would be a shame to lose all these offensive players to transferring if we end up firing him at the end of this season.

Players mimic the passion and intensity of their coach.  Coaches that are intense and all over the side line screaming and the motivating the players have players that are intense and go 100% every play on the field. We have a coach that does not bring a lot of intensity or passion to most games or plays. He kind of sits back and watches like he is the ceo. You don't see Saban not reaming guys out for not doing their part like holding their block, running their route, covering their gap, missing a tackle,  or not chasing 100% after a guy. There is a reason they play like this no one is giving them an earful or holding them accountable. There is no dc,no oc, or hc giving  vocal motivation  and benching to the players not going 100% every play every game. We have a soft coach and a soft record of 1-5 and 0-5 fbs .