• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football 2022 season comparison to 2021. (We actually have improved)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

41 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Players mimic the passion and intensity of their coach.  Coaches that are intense and all over the side line screaming and the motivating the players have players that are intense and go 100% every play on the field. We have a coach that does not bring a lot of intensity or passion to most games or plays. He kind of sits back and watches like he is the ceo. You don't see Saban not reaming guys out for not doing their part like holding their block, running their route, covering their gap, missing a tackle,  or not chasing 100% after a guy. There is a reason they play like this no one is giving them an earful or holding them accountable. There is no dc,no oc, or hc giving  vocal motivation  and benching to the players not going 100% every play every game. We have a soft coach and a soft record of 1-5 and 0-5 fbs .

As The Jim said in a recent podcast, the best motivator is to have someone going 100% right behind on the depth chart.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

53 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Players mimic the passion and intensity of their coach.  Coaches that are intense and all over the side line screaming and the motivating the players have players that are intense and go 100% every play on the field. We have a coach that does not bring a lot of intensity or passion to most games or plays. He kind of sits back and watches like he is the ceo. You don't see Saban not reaming guys out for not doing their part like holding their block, running their route, covering their gap, missing a tackle,  or not chasing 100% after a guy. There is a reason they play like this no one is giving them an earful or holding them accountable. There is no dc,no oc, or hc giving  vocal motivation  and benching to the players not going 100% every play every game. We have a soft coach and a soft record of 1-5 and 0-5 fbs .

There have been plenty of yelling, screaming, "reeming" coaches not succeed as well while also examples of calm, collected coaches having success.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

28 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

As The Jim said in a recent podcast, the best motivator is to have someone going 100% right behind on the depth chart.

I think that's been my issue for the past 4 years. We suck, so you might as well let EVERYBODY play and see who rises up to the occasion. Right now, I want to see the taller receivers and bigger DTs get more snaps. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,529
  • Days Won:  25

53 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

There have been plenty of yelling, screaming, "reeming" coaches not succeed as well while also examples of calm, collected coaches having success.

So look at the defense under Leavitt and look at it under Scott ? Which one beat top 25 teams and never finished at the bottom of fbs football for multiple  years , was it the soft and nice coach  or the guy that lit a fire under  everyones' rear that would run through a brick wall with him?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

49 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

So look at the defense under Leavitt and look at it under Scott ? Which one beat top 25 teams and never finished at the bottom of fbs football for multiple  years , was it the soft and nice coach  or the guy that lit a fire under  everyones' rear that would run through a brick wall with him?

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Gordon Ramsay Facepalm GIF by Masterchef

gordon-ramsay-its-raw.gif

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Outlaw said:

There is no dc,no oc, or hc giving  vocal motivation  and benching to the players not going 100% every play every game. We have a soft coach and a soft record of 1-5 and 0-5 fbs .

This is patently false. It was well established on social media via Joey Johnston, that Ernie Sims was yelling at the DB's during the ECU game and "stopped just short of challenging their manhood". During Louisville and ECU games I also saw CJS on TV get in the face of Bohanon, a WR or a RB after screwing up a play that would've led to a conversion and kept the drive going.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/10/2022 at 9:28 PM, Jim Johnson said:

2. Frost > Heupel > Malzhan all follow the fairly common offensive scheme based on a solid QB with a lot of RPOs, and using a bit of tempo to keep the defense under pressure.  75% (or more) of college football does that... and I have to think if USF's defense were better, the Bulls would be doing the same thing.

This is where I'm mostly at with this team. I truly believe that CJS & his coaches would love to use more tempo, but believe we are STILL limited by injuries and our offensive/defensive talent. When the defense struggles to stop anyone and get off the field, have the offense go at a slower pace to limit the other side's offensive possessions and try to win the game via the T.O.P battle.

It's frustrating to see this team sort of stuck in the mud and I'm not quite sure how I will feel if CJS is given another year if we continue to lose out this season. A very small part of me believes that another year with these players getting some consistency in the system and another recruiting cycle to beef up our depth, will pay dividends. However, I also look at the kids we are recruiting and it's depressing to see the schools we are competing with. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think that's been my issue for the past 4 years. We suck, so you might as well let EVERYBODY play and see who rises up to the occasion. Right now, I want to see the taller receivers and bigger DTs get more snaps. 

I am also intrigued by this idea...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,382
  • Days Won:  10

23 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

With all of our injuries, I imagine this is being done by default short of burning someone's redshirt.

• Upvote 1